VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 137
FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    You won't hear anything about Codec Packs from me, in the past I had to completely reinstall Windows just one too many times using the K-Lite or CCC packages.

For AVStoDVD it is important that the Preferred DirectShow Filters are set to LAVFilters or maybe to ffdshow. Anything else means trouble. I am still curious why your uploaded sample does not work on your machine. Please post the A2D log file for such a failed conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think seeker47 uploaded a sample nor a log, did he? I uploaded the SD sample myself at your earlier request,
    and my issue was solved with the 2016 ffms2.dll. His problem would presumably be solved by the same method
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I mixed it up somehow...
    But again, without a sample and a log file it is hard to give any assistance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I brought this issue up in the Doom9 thread about the ffms2 C_Pluginn:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1868785#post1868785

It looks like indeed for high bitdepth sources the older ffms2 version ffms2_r1140+101-avs+vsp.7z from 2016 is the only version which works.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    It was just the MediaInfo report that I posted. I would try to post the other two, but can't get to that until sometime next week. Before then, I'll need to figure out what to use to extract a clip, seeing as Machete won't even load the file, for the reason I mentioned.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    It was just the MediaInfo report that I posted. I would try to post the other two, but can't get to that until sometime next week. Before then, I'll need to figure out what to use to extract a clip, seeing as Machete won't even load the file, for the reason I mentioned.
    Why don't you just install the earlier version of ffms2.dll that has been discussed here and see if it works?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

It looks like indeed for high bitdepth sources the older ffms2 version ffms2_r1140+101-avs+vsp.7z from 2016 is the only version which works.
    And from where can I obtain that older version of this DLL ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manolito. I'll give this a try and report back.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Swapped in that earlier version DLL, and I was able to run that previously mentioned job (with that HEVC source) to a satisfactory completion, replete with the extended ASCII subs that had drawn a complaint, but which came out looking normal to me. (This was still making use of the installed version 287, which I've not updated yet.) However, this time I went with FFMPEG CBR 1-pass for the video, rather than the HCenc 2-pass VBR -- which had failed on the earlier attempt. I may do another run that way, with the replaced DLL, to see if anything changes there. Assuming that works, it remains to be seen whether there is any noticeable PQ advantage from the use of the HC 2-pass, vs. the standard FFMPEG encoding.

[Update: the choice of using HCenc still fails in the exact same way as I mentioned in post #3766. And isn't the most recent version of HC being used in AVS ? Now wondering if latest AVS version might make any difference ? Probably have to keep that older DLL though.]
    Last edited by Seeker47; 22nd Mar 2019 at 15:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Assuming that works, it remains to be seen whether there is any noticeable PQ advantage from the use of the HC 2-pass, vs. the standard FFMPEG encoding.

[Update: the choice of using HCenc still fails in the exact same way as I mentioned in post #3766. And isn't the most recent version of HC being used in AVS ? Now wondering if latest AVS version might make any difference ? Probably have to keep that older DLL though.]
    If your source video is high bitdepth (12bit or 10bit) then you will always need this older ffms2.dll. The reason is that all newer ffms2 versions will output the same bitdepth as the source by default, and the DVD format needs 8bit. Newer ffms2 versions need the additional parameter colorspace="YV12" for ffvideosource to work in AVStoDVD.

You can add this parameter in A2D by editing A2DSource.avsi and/or manually add the parameter under "View/Edit Title", but most users will not like to do this. I already requested a fix for the next A2D version, but you know that MrC does not have a lot of time these days for maintaining the software...

If you can see a difference in quality between FFmpeg CBR and HCenc 2-pass VBR depends on the video bitrate. FFmpeg CBR only produces high quality at very high bitrates. And yes, A2D uses the latest HCenc version from December 2015 (which will most likely be the last version).

FWIW you might want to bookmark this link:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1814958#post1814958
    Here you can find all the necessary information for updating the A2D helper software, and I try to keep this post up to date as good as I can...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I asked qyot27 (he builds the ffms2 C-plugins) what I am missing when I stick with the older DLL, and the most important new feature of the current version is support for AV1 video sources. This format is still in its infancy, but it has the potential to become important, so a source filter should support it.

AVStoDVD works fine with the latest version of ffms2, but for high bitdepth sources the colorspace="YV12" parameter must be added to the ffvideosource commandline. I tried to add this feature to my FF_VBR and HCenc_Mod plugins, and for the encode this works fine. The problem is the preview, because I have no way to modify the separate AviSynthP.avs file automatically.

Let's hope that MrC will find some time to add the colorspace parameter to AVStoDVD. If someone is interested to try my updated plugins, let me know...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would mention, especially if MrC is considering some changes, this little quirk and whether it can be handled better:
    If your source is video only - no audio, the program still allows you to choose "muxed mpeg" as your output.
    Then when you run it, it fails when it realizes the audio is not found

The old TmpgEnc from 15 years ago was able to save a program stream (.mpg) containing video only,
    so it must be legal
    Last edited by davexnet; 26th Mar 2019 at 09:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The error you get is not an Mplex error, it is AVStoDVD itself which catches user errors wanting to protect users from doing stupid things...

Multiplexing means combining video and audio elementary streams into a new stream where the elementary streams are interleaved. So when decoding this muxed file a splitter can take the original streams apart and direct them to the proper rendering software.

In your case when there is only one video elementary stream there is nothing to multiplex. Just specifying to create elementary streams and then renaming the .m2v file to .mpg is probably all you will need. It may not be technically correct, but so far all my software could handle such files.

If you want to do it 100% correctly then you can use Mplex to create an MPG file from your M2V. I made an MPLEX droplet some time ago where you can drag and drop or copy and paste your source streams on the executable, and you will end up with a muxed MPG file. The droplet does not do any error handling by itself, so if you just drop a video elementary stream on it it will happily mux it into an MPG file.

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by manolito; 26th Mar 2019 at 11:50.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I understand. Then perhaps it would be better for A2D not to allow you to select that option from the output choices when there is no audio ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Either this or disable its error handling for multiplexing.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello, i am a noob with the app; it has been great for full movies, but I have had chapter issues with a bunch of old cartoon shorts that i want burned to a dvd. Each is an mkv title of its own and they were burned to a single dvd without a menu. After the burn, when trying it out the chapter function is broken. Chapter next just skips ahead 5 minutes in the current cartoon and i cant skip any further, the cartoon just starts over if i go forward again.

I did some research and it looks like Mr. C said you could set titles as chapters via the "Join Source titles" tool. Unfortunately, when i try this i get the below error:

Warning AV Property Mismatch Found! Source Titles cannot be joined.

Any tips? Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

AVStoDVD only supports 1 clip per title set, and by default it creates fixed chapters at a 5 minute interval. In your case you should disable the automatic chapter creation (View/Edit Title -> Chapters) for all clips. This should normally cause your player to jump to the next title when you press the Skip Forward key. If this does not work try it with different players or player software.

The "Join Source Titles" feature only works if all clips have exactly the same video and audio properties (like codec, frame size, frame rate...). And if you get this to work then you still have to add your chapter points manually.

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    If you need to do such projects frequently you might want to check out DVDStyler. Contrary to AVStoDVD this software supports multiple titles per title set. And it has an option to "Add Titles as Chapters". Maybe just what you need...
    Last edited by manolito; 27th Apr 2019 at 18:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The latest AVStoDVD version 2.8.9 Alpha
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1874946#post1874946

has added basic support for AVS+. Therefore I decided to add some automatic Multithreading settings to my FFmpeg_VBR and HCenc_Mod plugins:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1875200#post1875200

These settings are designed for maximum stability, maybe at the cost of some speed. Comments and additions are welcome...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Latest alpha 2.8.9 crashes shortly after loading main screen. Shows whats installed, then crashes everytime

Done a full clean install in another folder of the latest 2.89, deleting all registry references but still crashes. Copied my backup of 2.8.8 and that runs perfectly, so tried copying over the 2.8.8 main AVStoDVD.exe (hotfix) overwriting the 2.8.9 alpha. It works again

Crash details from crash window

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: AVStoDVD.exe
    Application Version: 2.8.0.9
    Application Timestamp: 5ce1bbd2
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_c5ec
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23418
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5708a73e
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce843
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: c5ec
    Additional Information 2: c5ecf6afed8d4bc549d3634504ca58c7
    Additional Information 3: 093c
    Additional Information 4: 093c5114e0ac57a3fc524a6bc9d703db

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Latest alpha 2.8.9 crashes shortly after loading main screen. Shows whats installed, then crashes everytime

Done a full clean install in another folder of the latest 2.89, deleting all registry references but still crashes. Copied my backup of 2.8.8 and that runs perfectly, so tried copying over the 2.8.8 main AVStoDVD.exe (hotfix) overwriting the 2.8.9 alpha. It works again

Crash details from crash window

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: AVStoDVD.exe
    Application Version: 2.8.0.9
    Application Timestamp: 5ce1bbd2
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_c5ec
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23418
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5708a73e
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce843
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: c5ec
    Additional Information 2: c5ecf6afed8d4bc549d3634504ca58c7
    Additional Information 3: 093c
    Additional Information 4: 093c5114e0ac57a3fc524a6bc9d703db

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    Which Windows? If 10, which build ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is just a shot from the hip, but worth a try:

This new 2.8.9 Alpha now uses AVSMeter to check the installed AviSynth version. This takes some time and eats op tons of memory, because AVSMeter also checks all plugins in the AVS autoload folders. I have talked to Groucho2004 (the AVSMeter author), and the result is a modded AVSMeter version which does not check the plugins. Get it here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1ekmfrhlkf4te3/AVSMeter_265_mod01.7z?dl=1
    and replace the AVSMeter.exe in the AVStoDVD\AVSMeter subfolder. I think that there is a good chance that your crashes will be history after this.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No change, using the AVSMeter MOD or the very latest AVSMeter 2.9.1 that I'm using in the 2.8.8 release and also use as much updated packages as I can in the 2.8.8 release including very latest FFMPEG nightlies and your patches. so if anything would fail it would be the 2.8.8 package but that works fine even with all my 'unofficial' updates and additions

Complains that the heap stack has been corrupted everytime, running AppCrash doesn't point to anything specifically, just a general heap crash error

Tried reinstalling my c++ packages and a couple of others just in case they got corrupted, still no change

2.8.8 hotfix works perfectly, but the new 2.8.9 alpha fails everytime. Both have their own folder so run as different packages and are the portable releases that I always use

But, it is an alpha so problems are to be expected
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The latest AVSMeter 2.9.1 DOES NOT work under the new Alpha 2.8.9 because the calling convention has changed between AVSMeter 2.6.5 and 2.9.1. AVStoDVD Alpha 2.8.9 uses "AVSMeter.exe -avsinfo" to detect the AviSynth version. In AVSMeter 2.9.1 the call has to be "AVSMeter.exe avsinfo" (without the - character).

So if you want to test A2D Alpha versions you should generally not update all the helper apps first. You need to do this one by one.

I can run 2.8.9 Alpha without problems on 3 different machines (one of them is my ancient Coppermine P3 CPU with only 576 MB of RAM running under WinXP, the other two are Thinkpad notebooks with Core i5 CPUs running under Win7-64). So some things must be special on your machine or Operating System.
    Last edited by manolito; 28th May 2019 at 17:17.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    This new 2.8.9 Alpha now uses AVSMeter to check the installed AviSynth version. This takes some time and eats op tons of memory
    The statement in bold is misleading and mostly nonsense. The time AVSMeter takes for this task is only excessive on your ancient P3 and it certainly does not eat lots of memory. On my i5 from 2011 it takes about 300 milliseconds and the memory consumption is about 30MB peak.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    //Deleted//
    Last edited by manolito; 30th May 2019 at 00:53.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Nothing here, move along.
    Last edited by Groucho; 30th May 2019 at 06:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The latest AVSMeter 2.9.1 DOES NOT work under the new Alpha 2.8.9 because the calling convention has changed between AVSMeter 2.6.5 and 2.9.1. AVStoDVD Alpha 2.8.9 uses "AVSMeter.exe -avsinfo" to detect the AviSynth version. In AVSMeter 2.9.1 the call has to be "AVSMeter.exe avsinfo" (without the - character).

So if you want to test A2D Alpha versions you should generally not update all the helper apps first. You need to do this one by one.

I can run 2.8.9 Alpha without problems on 3 different machines (one of them is my ancient Coppermine P3 CPU with only 576 MB of RAM running under WinXP, the other two are Thinkpad notebooks with Core i5 CPUs running under Win7-64). So some things must be special on your machine or Operating System.

Both versions are running in their own folders, portable versions. the 2.8.8 runs ok, but the clean 2.8.9 crashes with the stack heap error. Nothing has been altered in the 2.8.9 folder, its been created from the archieve download. The 2.8.8 folder is the oen with all the updates and hacks applied using your plugins. This still works as it should, and uses AVSMeter 2.9.1 and nightly FFMPEG 32-bit static with no issues

The crash log is far too vague to narrow down whats causing the issues, so I'll have to sit down when more time to try and find what may be causing the issues, but this is the first time I've come across a stack heap crash. Whats puzzling is the 2.8.8 folder works great but the 2.8. folder crashes, so something has been changed to cause this but I don't know what yet
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD is NOT portable. You can have 2 independent versions in separate folders, but they will both rely on the same Registry entries under HKCU/Software/AVStoDVD. In your case it means that you try to run A2D 2.8.9 Alpha using the settings from 2.8.8. Doing it like this may work for some versions, but often those Registry settings do change between versions causing all kinds of problems.

The only safe way to have 2 different versions on your HDD is to export the whole A2D reg key to a file, then completely delete the reg key, run the other A2D version and redo all the settings.

A2D also has a menu entry "Options -> Reset to Defaults". This will clear all the Registry entries, but in your case the software will probably have crashed already before you have a chance to click this reset option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    //Deleted//
    Last edited by manolito; 30th May 2019 at 00:54.
    Quote Quote