VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm trying to rip a portion of one of my DVDs. I usually use MakeMKV, then extract the mkv to an mpg with gMKVExtractGUI. Then I use DGIndex to index the file.

No matter what I do it's playing too fast. It's a (mostly) film source being sped up to 29.97 fps basically. There's some 30fps animation at the end.

Ripping that segment again with DVD Decryptor and using DGIndex doesn't seem to help.

Video of the problem: vlc is the original file and mpc-hc is the script
    https://youtu.be/0ju505omnzc

Here's my script.
    Code:
    SetFilterMTMode("QTGMC", 4)
    v = MPEG2Source("D:\dvd-blu ray rips\video_ts\HERCULES_SCN\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.d2v")
    a = FFAudioSource("D:\dvd-blu ray rips\video_ts\HERCULES_SCN\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3")
    AudioDub(v,a)
         Spline64Resize(720,480)
         Spline64Resize(640,480)
    Crop(4, 0, -4, -2)
    x = float(width) / float(height)
    spline64resize(round(x * 2160.0),2160)
    Prefetch(12)
    When I used TFM().TDecimate(), it was pretty choppy since it was sped up. Using QTGMC is pretty much the same thing but when I run the script in MPC-HC it plays back normal, although the final output is sped up still.

I did choose Ignore Pulldown Flags in DGIndex, did that possibly effect anything?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ENunn View Post
    I usually use MakeMKV, then extract the mkv to an mpg with gMKVExtractGUI. Then I use DGIndex to index the file.
    Just decrypt it with DVDDecrypter or whatever works. and then use DGIndex on the VOBs.

I did choose Ignore Pulldown Flags in DGIndex, did that possibly effect anything?
    Geez, go and read what the docs say about that. Then create the D2V again, this time using "Honor Pulldown Flags". I'm glad you mentioned that, though, because no one does that and it would have been harder to pinpoint the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Geez, go and read what the docs say about that. Then create the D2V again, this time using "Honor Pulldown Flags". I'm glad you mentioned that, though, because no one does that and it would have been harder to pinpoint the problem.
    That fixed it! I usually set it to ignore since I had (if I remember correctly), the same issue if I had it set to honor the first time I tried DGIndex. Thanks!
    Quote Quote