VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there ,

i usually capture tv shows in HD i.e 1080i ( with HDPVR ) 1920x1080i @ 13.5 MBPS video bitrate and i save these files in .TS format .. i would like to know how can i make this file to NTSC.BLURAY .ISO file .. something like udf v2.5 container .

What application do i need to make a bluray image .iso file .

Thank you . please help in detail as i am new to it .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The HD-PVR records to h.264 in a TS wrapper.

Multiavchd has options to make so called AVCHD folders that can be wriiten to DVDR or BD/BE discs.

Or you can learn the art of full Blu-Ray authoring.

Either will get you to an iso. So you want to burn a Blu-Ray disc?
    Last edited by edDV; 30th Oct 2010 at 01:23.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    The HD-PVR records to h.264 in a TS wrapper.

Multiavchd has options to make so called AVCHD folders that can be wriiten to DVDR or BD/BE discs.

Or you can learn the art of full Blu-Ray authoring.

Either will get you to an iso. So you want to burn a Blu-Ray disc?

First off thanks mate .

Not AVCHD folders i need mate .. i want to make iso's out of my 1080i captures .. and i want to have motion menus , intros , loading scenes , sincerely collectors editions .. you know what i mean .

what application do i need and where i can learn everything needed to accomplish what i mentioned above.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many Blu-Ray authoring programs out there. What are you editing with? If Adobe, they offer Encore. Sony Vegas comes with DVD Architect. Sonic has the high end for most commercial Blu-Ray. Something like an 85% share.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many Blu-Ray authoring programs out there. What are you editing with? If Adobe, they offer Encore. Sony Vegas comes with DVD Architect. Sonic has the high end for most commercial Blu-Ray. Something like an 85% share.

What am i editing with ? i dont get that .. Do i suppose to edit something ? will you please elaborate? as i mentioned in first post that i am completely new to it as have Zero knowledge about it .. what i used to do from last one year was just record TV Episodes in 1080i .TS videos and use an auto tool (handbrake) to make 720p's out of them and watch on my tv or computer .. now i want NTSC.BLURAY .ISO files thats why i asked how to start . i need basic push from scratch so i will get into it and try to learn the art to bluray .ISO's ..

Which Bluray program you suggest me "Adobe Encore" (Particular Version?) or "Sony Vegas" ( Particular Version ) because i want something best which can do Motion menus, Intros , Loading scenes etc etc ..thanks .

I seen some videos i.e tutorials on youtube as they working with adobe encore. Do you think Adobe Encore is the best to purchase for what i need i.e NTSC.BLURAY.ISO ? Please help .. i appreciate the time you put on responding my question ..

If you could recommend me some tutorials with which i can perfect myself and specially a particular program which i need to make Bluray ISO's ..

P.S if you can teach me step by step i am willing to pay you for your time and dedication (Honestly) .

Thank you for your time .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another question .. DO Adobe Encore accepts h264 .TS file .. i am getting a error of decoder ..

Trying to learn authoring blu ray disc image .. i dont think i could do this .. No one know how to do it perfectly except some handful geeks .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SiNnOFf View Post
    Another question .. DO Adobe Encore accepts h264 .TS file .. i am getting a error of decoder ..

Trying to learn authoring blu ray disc image .. i dont think i could do this .. No one know how to do it perfectly except some handful geeks .
    OK one step at a time... I need to guess the missing info.

You are in New York and capture from an ATSC/QAM tuner to an MPeg2 TS file. Right?

You aren't editing out commercials. Right?

You convert 1080i/29.97 or 720p/59.97 MPeg2 TV captures to progressive 720p h.264 with Handbreak. Is this 720p 29.97 fps or 59.94 fps?

From here you have two methods. You can make an "AVCHD" Blu-Ray disc using MultiAVCHD. It can even construct simple menus.

Or, you can use a full Blu-Ray authoring program to author a formal Blu-Ray disc. These programs have much more stringent audio and video format requirements.

I suggest you start with MultiAVCHD.
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=multiavchd+tutorial&aq=1&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=Mul...da8a77dcd93603
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't answer the best Blu-Ray authoring program question because I've only used DVD Architect for Blu-Ray. I usually use MultiAVCHD for this type of disc.

Expect a significant learning curve for these programs. You can hire a tutor or buy a software tutorial program. For example.
    http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/adobe/

Others here have used the other programs. I hope they respond.
    Last edited by edDV; 3rd Nov 2010 at 01:25.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM

OK one step at a time... I need to guess the missing info.

You are in New York and capture from an ATSC/QAM tuner to an MPeg2 TS file. Right?

You aren't editing out commercials. Right?

You convert 1080i/29.97 or 720p/59.97 MPeg2 TV captures to progressive 720p h.264 with Handbreak. Is this 720p 29.97 fps or 59.94 fps?

From here you have two methods. You can make an "AVCHD" Blu-Ray disc using MultiAVCHD. It can even construct simple menus.

Or, you can use a full Blu-Ray authoring program to author a formal Blu-Ray disc. These programs have much more stringent audio and video format requirements.

I suggest you start with MultiAVCHD.
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=multiavchd+tutorial&aq=1&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=Mul...da8a77dcd93603
    Yes i am in Newyork and i capture with a PVR and the file details as below

File Format...........: .TS (Transport Stream)
    Video Codec.........: H.264
    Video Bitrate.......: 16.29Mbps
    Video Aspect Ratio..: 16:9
    Resolution..........: 1920x1080
    Framerate...........: 25 Fps
    Audio Codec.........: AC3
    Audio BitRate.......: 384kbps
    Audio Channels......: 2.0

and no i do not convert 1080i to 720 .. ( i used to do this back in the days untill i wanted to have Blu-ray ISO's now.

So now i got a .TS file of 1080i and i want to author this on blu-ray and save the file in .ISO format so i can anytime burn it on bluray disc or either watch on my PC by mounting it.

with that being said ..i guess i need a full blu-ray authoring program which will let me create motion menus, intros etc etc ..

i've learned some Encore tut's but but right now i am stuck on start as encore do not accept my 1080i file .. i tried importing it may be 100 times but still there .. i did all the codecs installations required but i still get decode error on encore .

i need help with full bluray authoring ..
    please help .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Framerate...........: 25 Fps
    I'm assuming this footage is interlaced?

Are you in New York? Nothing should be 25FPS in USA . If it was 25FPS (50i) you would be making a 50i blu-ray (should be 60i in NTSC regions like USA)

When you author you usually use elementary assets, so demux with tsmuxer first into raw audio & video, or sometimes re-wrapping into .m2ts will work as well

Hauppauge PVR doesn't make strict compliant blu-ray streams so they need to be re-encoded (quality loss)

So if you're editing before this in premiere, use dynamic link or export a lossess format, or you'll lose quality several times
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 3rd Nov 2010 at 07:44.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Framerate...........: 25 Fps
    I'm assuming this footage is interlaced?

Are you in New York? Nothing should be 25FPS in USA . If it was 25FPS (50i) you would be making a 50i blu-ray (should be 60i in NTSC regions like USA)

When you author you usually use elementary assets, so demux with tsmuxer first into raw audio & video, or sometimes re-wrapping into .m2ts will work as well

Hauppauge PVR doesn't make strict compliant blu-ray streams so they need to be re-encoded (quality loss)

So if you're editing before this in premiere, use dynamic link or export a lossess format, or you'll lose quality several times
    Yes i am from NY , and this particular video footage is interlaced and was recorded in UK with PVR .. and then forwarded to me .its a huge file of 25 GB approx.

I dont want to loose the quality ,

What would you suggest .. demux with Tsmuxer and save it as .m2ts ?

i dont know about tsmuxer ..and after posting this post i will run looking for tsmuxer on how it works etc etc and try to do what you mentioned .

please let me know what else information required . i read all the menu making stuff etc etc for authoring blu-ray with encore .. i just need help with encoding this .ts file and in the end save it as .ISO image on my PC .

P.S what is UDF v2.5 Container ? i came across a Blu-ray .ISO .. it says the container is UDF v2.5 .

Thanks for help mate .. i appreciate it . will be back to this thread in a bit .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Normally I suggest demuxing to .avc and .ac3 and importing them that way, but for HDTV recordings, sometimes there is an audio delay, so maybe .m2ts would be better. You can do minor edits within encore, but it's better to use a real editor if you have serious editing to do

Encore is easy to use, there are lots of tutorials on youtube, adobe.tv, etc...

UDF 2.5 is a specification, required for blu-ray compatibility
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format

At the end , when you build your project you can build an ISO. You can burn that ISO with Encore or imgburn or nero (i.e any BD burning program). When you burn, you have to specify UDF 2.5
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay here i come back . i just used Tsmuxer to demux the 25 gb file and demuxed it .. after 100% demux i got two files in my output folder one . 1. .264 and another audio track ..

i guess that is not what i supposed to do as i cant open the demuxed file in any player to check what quality looks like ..

anyways i will go ahead and save it as .m2ts as you mentioned in above post ,

thanks . i will be back soon to this thread with my results so it will help other people in future too .

thank you poisondeathray .
    Quote Quote  
  14. i guess that is not what i supposed to do as i cant open the demuxed file in any player to check what quality looks like ..
    That's normal, most media players cannot play elementary streams. You should be able to import them into Encore and view it there

The quality isn't changed when you demux. (it's just separating video & audio). The quality only changes when you re-encode using a lossy format
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tested importing demux file into encore and it was imported perfectly ( Oh god first successful attempt in last three days of for importing a file in encore). now when i imported the demux video file i dont get audio in it .. do i suppose to import audio file too in it .

Next thing i made a .m2ts file with Tsmuxer and when i try to import this .m2ts file encore not responding . do encore accept importing .m2ts file?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Don't you get .ac3 file when you use demux in tsmuxer ? You import the .ac3 file separately (separate audio & video)

Encore should accept .m2ts, but maybe some errors in your file. For most authoring programs it's better to work with elementary audio & video (separate streams)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Don't you get .ac3 file when you use demux in tsmuxer ? You import the .ac3 file separately (separate audio & video)

Encore should accept .m2ts, but maybe some errors in your file. For most authoring programs it's better to work with elementary audio & video (separate streams)
    Great so now i will have to import both files 1. .264 and .ac3 .. i do get both files when i demux .

Now this is a new thing, i dont know how to merge audio and video once imported to encore . do i need to merge them or link the audio to video ?

And encore is not responding when i am trying to import .m2ts file which i just created with TSM .

what do you suggest me to work with . .m2ts file or the elemantary audio and video (seperate streams) .

thanks PDR . this is the best info i got so far on WWW and most important working the way i want
    Quote Quote  
  18. do i need to merge them or link the audio to video ?
    You put audio & together in a sequence timeline. Just drop & drag. Encore is very easy to use

I usually use elementary audio & video (separate)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks .. i will start and work now with basic menus and etc etc to see how it comes up .

Thanks for all the help mate . i appreciate you great help .

i will get back to this thread with my final bluray . ISO results .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks .. i will start and work now with basic menus and etc etc to see how it comes up .

Thanks for all the help mate . i appreciate you great help .

i will get back to this thread with my final bluray . ISO results .
    There is a significant issue here with 50i source. You will need to make a 50i Blu-Ray disc and that won't play on most USA model Blu-Ray players. They are only required to play 59.94i, 24p and 23.976p. Most will play 29.97p as 59.94i. There may be a small selection of players that will take a non-region flagged 50i disc.

A computer Blu-Ray player will play it but HDMI export would need to go to an HDTV that accepts 50i.
    Quote Quote