VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have an ISO image file burning problem.

When I load the image into Nero using 'Burn Image' I get the following error:

"Foreign Image File -- The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong."

I then get a dialog box offering me vaious options:

Type of image: 'Data Mode 1', 'Data Mode 2', 'Audio', 'HFS'.

With 'Mode 1' it offers a 'Raw Data' checkbox and a 'Block Size' of either 2352 or 2048. These options become greyed out if the type of image is set to 'Mode 2'. Both modes offer 'Image Header (Bytes)' and 'Image trailer (Bytes)' along with a box set initialy to 0 but can be changed to anything you want. Both modes also offer 2 check boxes: 'Scrambled' and 'Swapped'.

Is there any way for me to determine what these settings should be set to in order to burn the ISO file. Two guessed attempts resulted in CDs that can't be read.

Thanks,

Matthew
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You forgot to mention what you are trying to do exactly, and what you have done so far.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. Here's more detail...

I am trying to burn a CD using an ISO file. I first tried using CD Maker 2000 which gave me no error but the CD failed to be read when the burn was done (when I try to read the CD it just says 'Incorrect function'.

Then I used Nero which gave me the 'block size does not correspond to the image length' error, I kept the setting as Data Mode 1, but changed the block size to 2352, leaving the image header and trailer as the defailt 0. The checkboxes 'Scrambled' and 'Swapped' I left unchecked. This also resulted in an unreadable CD also saying 'Incorrect function' when reading is attempted.

Thanks and regards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use CloneCD .
    Make sure you let CloneCD close the CD tray for you. Either use the copy function(if you have two drives) OR if you insist....use the image function...but you'll need to burn that image with CloneCD.
    OOps...sorry. I'm assuming you are getting the image FROM a CD. If you have just the image already...my theory won't work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    >OOps...sorry. I'm assuming you are getting the image
    >FROM a CD. If you have just the image already...my
    >theory won't work.

I only have the image file.

Matthew
    Quote Quote