VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which are the recommended brands available nowadays for CD and DVD (SL and DL)?

The last recommendation I got for DVD-DL was Verbatim AZO. But none for DVD SL or CD.

Blank media seems to be a dying good lately, soon to be extinct.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only recommended blank DVDs are still Verbatim AZO and Taiyo Yuden. Be sure that the Verbatims are in the orange (DVD-R) and purple (DVD+R) packaging and have the AZO logo on them somewhere as I've read (though haven't confirmed) that Verbatim is sometimes packaging lower quality discs in the same orange and purple wrappers.

The best place to get Verbatim Azo is Amazon. They also have Taiyo Yuden. Also, Supermediastore is highly recommended here for Taiyo Yuden.

As for CDs, it's long been reported that writable CD technology has reached the point where they're basically all the same. Stick with a brand name and you should be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the only Verbatim Azo that sells here.

Unfortunately media is very heavy and it gets very expensive for shipping from USA to Brazil.

Only Verbatim DL has the AZO logo here. I don't know if there's a Verbatim single layer type that can be trusted.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These are the Verbatim SL I can get here. None of them has the AZO logo.

Which one should I buy? The orange one?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Verbatim SL.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	47491  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The AZO label is on the bottom left, of the blue/orange package on the left and the one to buy. The one on the right is their lower quality value line. Thank you for posting the pic. It confirms what others have posted. That the AZO logo is smaller on some wrappers and the blue/orange scheme is used for the value line and confusing for those not familiar with how the real AZO wrappers look.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Be very careful as I just checked Amazon and they have these Verbatim packages that are identical to the AZO version except no AZO logo and a Lifestyle logo instead.Image
    [Attachment 47494 - Click to enlarge]

Be sure wherever you buy your disc from offers returns as they may not acknowledge that the AZO and non-AZO packages are different
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot!

That's been a great help.
    Quote Quote