VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

Ive searched high and low for this but have been unable to find an answer so any help would be really appreciated.

Pretty much I am trying to stream my cable tv (from my cable box) directly to my PC so i can watch tv while doing work. Im using the Easy Cap device to accomplish this

This is the device i bought of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/PLAY-STORE%C2%AE-Audio-Capture-Adapter/dp/B00PLFTJMO/ref=sr_1_2?...to+usb+capture)

I plugged it into my windows 10 box and it recognized and installed the drivers.

Again, since i am not really capturing and just displaying, I tried 3 different tools:

1) MPC-HC and MPC-BE - both work great and i can get proper video and sound. Only issue is that I also get a constant high-pitch noise/buzzing/static sound when it is playing. - very annoying.

2) Potplayer - works about the same as MPC-HC - I get the annoying high-pitch buzzing but was able to drop that annoyance down a bit by applying some of Potplayers filters

3) VLC - Here i can get the Audio working perfectly without any background noise but i get no video.

I would prefer to PotPlayer or MPC but would like to get rid of that annoying background sound. I dont know too much about codecs but could that be the issue? I've tried matching settings between the two and VLC and as far as i can tell most settings are similar.

Any help in resolving the annoying background noise would be helpful. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The buzzing may be from a ground loop -- a very common problem with cable TV. Make sure the cable is grounded to earth where it enters your house. Try plugging your PC and the cable box into the same power strip. Try using a cable TV ground loop isolator.

http://www.amazon.com/TII-220-Ground-Isolator-applications/dp/B0070Q6URO
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. My current setup had everything grounded thorugh my power strip and I was still having this issue. Fortunately, I have resolved my issue. Its not ideal but it works... I wanted to check if I was getting the same noise if I used a Line-In connection into my PC rather than the EasyCap. Turns out i had a spare RCA audio to 3.5mm adapter lying around. I plugged the 3.5mm connection into the Line-In connection on my PC and miraculously no more noise.

So either i have a bad EasyCap or a bad driver. Either way i am satisfied with this solution for the time being unless someone can recommend a better EasyCap driver which i can test out.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Noise, video and/or audio, is very common with cheap capture devices. Decent ones start around US$35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Noise, video and/or audio, is very common with cheap capture devices. Decent ones start around US$35.
    Sorry jagabo but that not always ture when come to Audio Buzzing/Static/Hums or Video Scrolling White Lines and few other as there are number facter that can cuase this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Did I say that cheap devices were the only ones that had trouble? Did I say that all cheap ones have problems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Did I say that cheap devices were the only ones that had trouble? Did I say that all cheap ones have problems?
    And dosen't matter if it cheap low end or high end product I have seen with both drit cheap to high end product.
    Ground loop -- a very common problem with Cars/Trucks etc, House Electrical, CableTV, Satellite and even with Antenna, even bad electronic components can cuase this from poor solder joints which crack.
    Quote Quote