VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What do you use to author your DVDs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about Workshop Express? It is a scaled down version of Workshop 2 and cost much less. Is anybody using this software?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ofbarea
    I'm using TMpgenc DVD Author but I want to get something that supports subtitles in order to add comments to my home movies.
    DVD Lab can do this. Much more flexibility also and basically do everything you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I am using two programmes, which are not listed in the poll - muxman or GFD
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need some advice - or another bottle of Saphire Gin....

I have looked at the demo of TMP DVD Author Pro. Like it ok and have not had a problem authoring the DVD's. I have read the posts about it not being robust in menu creation or sub-titling. But I was going to purchase anyways as I can get it with a rebate for $69. Then I saw Adobe Premier Elements 2.0 on the shelf for the same price. It seems to have more features. Is it an authoring program or just a video editor. From reading Adobe's site it seems to be an authoring program.

Bottom line is I want to get the best product for the money. I started out with Screenblast Movie Studio a couple years back and now it's not supported. It used the MyDVD to do the actual authoring and I found it real buggy. I am a bit concerned about the TMP program as I read it uses the authoring engine supplied by Sonic. Is this an issue?

gavin
    If at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is just your style.....
    Quote Quote  
  5. i hate dvd lab. no matter what kind of avi file i use and encoded into mpeg2, dvd lab will always show a compilation error.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TDA for one audio track movies.
    DVDLab Pro for multiple audio tracks/subs movies.
    TODO list: try some other.
    Quote Quote