VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some .cda video format which can be played on a regular video player but on the pc it acts like a music cd which is impossible to play with any player I've tried. Does anyone know of anyway that can help this problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try downloading a software VCD player form the tools section. Here's the link for I-VCD player (free) http://www.i-on.net/english/download/I-VCDP.exe
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sadly it did'nt work either... Well ur the first one even to post a response to this thanks for that. Guess this is just too hard to solve...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2 quick questions,

Can you play other VCD's on your computer? If not look here:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=43581&forum=1&2

What size is the .cda file? If it's larger than a few kilobytes try using the context menu open with (WinMe/2K just right-click select open with, Win98 shift-right-click).

If it's the same size as a normal .cda audio file, I'm thinking that your comp may have a problem reconizing the file structure. In a VCD a few files must be present, like ENTRIES.VCD, INFO.VCD, LOT.VCD, PSD.VCD. These would be located in the directory VCD.

There is a provision in the VCD spec that allows Redbook audio (normal CD audio) to be contained with the elementary video stream, perhaps this has thrown off your comp.

The only other solution I can think of is to make an image of the file with a program like Blind Write, or IsoBuster to look at the file stucture.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yeah I think it is the same as when u put in a audio cd where u explore it in d: it'll show some .cda files size in the few hundred bytes range... I guess there's no vcd entry thing that's why it won't work on the cpu.

anyway can u post the url the likely to have the programmes u've named?

anyway I've tried 3 cpus and all 3 can't open these vcds...
    is there any player that acts like a real vcd player heh
    Quote Quote