VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I shut off that popup on the bottom right corner of the screen when I launch a video using this player? It seems to happen once during a clock cycle. I haven't tested what that clock cycle is; I'm guessing it's once a 24hr period?

It covers a large area of the screen and stays there for a good amount of time. Why does the developer keep putting these little annoyances? This media player is great when it works without popups, notifications, constant daily updates, splash screens, odd default changes...and so on. I wish it just behaved like VLC...quietly.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Video Enthusiast View Post
    How do I shut off that popup on the bottom right corner of the screen when I launch a video using this player? It seems to happen once during a clock cycle. I haven't tested what that clock cycle is; I'm guessing it's once a 24hr period?

It covers a large area of the screen and stays there for a good amount of time. Why does the developer keep putting these little annoyances? This media player is great when it works without popups, notifications, constant daily updates, splash screens, odd default changes...and so on. I wish it just behaved like VLC...quietly.

Any help would be appreciated.
    from what i can find, you would need to install an older version to stop the popup - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/393452-PotPlayer-now-Adware%21/page3
    post #62
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After close reading, you were right...uninstall the current version and install an older one. Thanks!
    Last edited by Video Enthusiast; 31st Oct 2020 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It can be done, see here...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1XGMBnI1U

You just need to add the following to your hosts file...

#Potplayer
    127.0.0.1 p1-play.edge4k.com
    127.0.0.1 p2-play.edge4k.com
    127.0.0.1 p1-play.kgslb.com
    127.0.0.1 kyson.ad.daum.net
    127.0.0.1 display.ad.daum.net
    127.0.0.1 analytics.ad.daum.net
    Quote Quote