VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have some videos, actually 100's of them. Some are beautiful looking, and some need a little improvement. Can those video apps REALLY sharpen blurry video and enhance it? i know some apps allow you to TRY things and see if it looks better, but if you want to save a sample, you need to buy the premium version. Anyway, please give me the scoop on AI apps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can those video apps REALLY sharpen blurry video and enhance it?
    No. Not unless you are having cartoon/anime/cg content.
    They can sharpen video, but that will not improve it if the content is blurry at its given resolution.
    Yes, if you have detailed 480p content, you can enhance the perception of details so that when upscaled it still looks decent, but if you already have blurry VHS content, you don't get to good DVD quality from it.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by snafoo View Post
    Can those video apps REALLY sharpen blurry video and enhance it?
    No.
    Quote Quote  
  5. As Selur mentioned - blurry VHS content - or really any low quality video to begin with - almost never can be improved much

and some need a little improvement.
    But possibly those could be improved ; it depends on the type of "blur" and the source characteristics

For "blurry" , the main types of blur that can sometimes be improved are motion blur, camera shake blur, defocus blur, gaussian blurs, depth of field & some types of lens blur . (But some of these cases could already be improved substantially even many years ago using deconvolution methods.)
    Quote Quote