VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Encoding started on Tue Sep 9 19:58:56 CST 2003
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (regR/carP/x!bt)
    usage: movtoy4m -w width -h height -F a:b -a a:b [-s] [-f] [-o ppm/y4m] movie.mov

example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 288 -F 25:1 -a 4:3 pal_normal.mov
    example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 240 -F 30000:1001 -a 16:9 ntsc_wide.mov

**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!
    Quote Quote  
  2. This doesn't seem caused by 0.0.8b specifically. This error normally means the following:

- you're trying to encode a VOB file, or a MPG file encoded in mpeg-2 format
    - you've selected the "Decode with Quicktime" option
    - however, your Quicktime is unable to open VOB files or MPG files encoded with mpeg-2. You can test this by opening that file with Quicktime player.

If the above is true, then you should either:

- install the Quicktime mpeg-2 player component and keep using the "Decode with Quicktime" option, or:
    - disable the "Decode with Quicktime" option, or:
    - enable the "Decode with mplayer" option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Major,

Thanks for the reply...

I have the quicktime component installed... have had for months ever since I started using ffmpergX

Any other ideas?

markusb
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you kept a previous version of ffmpegX, if yes, does it work while the newer does not, for the same file and same settings?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Silly me I wasn't logged in before...

Nope, it doesn't work on previous version 7 either...

Now I don't know if it used to work as I never used quicktime when i was using version 7 as all my files were larger than the 4 gig problem would allow.

Major, if you can even point me in the right direction, or I can contact you by email to sort it out I would appreciate it...

I am a registered user BTW.

cheers

markusb
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, please send me an e-mail to major4@mac.com
    Quote Quote