VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How to transform the audio tapes to CD? Does somebody has a similar expereince? Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1a.Get a RCA "Y" splitter that has a 3.5mm plug,connect Line-Out on tape deck to Line-In jack on soundcard.(Recommended)
    1b.Use headphone jack on player to connect to Line-In on soundcard,need cable with stereo 3.5mm plug on both ends.
    2.Use CDWave or Audacity to record and split into tracks,save as WAV.When recording make sure the level doesn't go higher than -1dB(~90%).
    3.Use Nero,etc to burn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Or if you have a lot of tapes and wanna spend $100.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLUS-DECK-2C-Audio-Cassette-Tape-Converter-to-MP3-CD-PC_W0QQitemZ3...QQcmdZViewItem

Drop it in an open bay and away you go....

Might be able to find them cheaper i did not look around.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for alla explanations.

I have e great PC that has audio input jacks. My point, is: can I record the sound that comes form CD player, to the PC, using audio recording software like jetaudio etc.?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    1a.Get a RCA "Y" splitter that has a 3.5mm plug,connect Line-Out on tape deck to Line-In jack on soundcard.(Recommended)
    1b.Use headphone jack on player to connect to Line-In on soundcard,need cable with stereo 3.5mm plug on both .
    I tried this way, but there is no sound coming in to be recorded. I put the Line-in option on my soundcard, but no results...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure your Line-in jack isn't on "mute" in Control Panel.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jdachik
    Make sure your Line-in jack isn't on "mute" in Control Panel.
    How to see that my friend?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio > Volume
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    OR: "Win"+"R", sndvol32, "Enter".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a link to Audacity tutorals for common tasks..... may help you out.
    http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tutorials
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I connect my tape recorder to my video card-Line IN and use the computer's sound recorder to record the sound. Make sure Line In is active in your sound card.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Snce I already have a USB turntable, ION iTTUSB model, that has a jack on the top front that takes audio and sends it through the USB jack to the PC I use that process and into Audacity. My brother uses some software which I believe is called EZ Vinyl Converter that exports the captures right into his iTunes. Link to Ions download page with it here. http://www.ion-audio.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/1089/tt/4.
    Quote Quote