VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its been gathering information for quite some time now.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked the 'processes' tab on the task manager and apparently, its using a program called 'avs2avi', I think it is converting it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried opening an .avs file in ripbot264 and at the bottom of ripbot, it says 'please wait gathering information', but its been like that for around 3 hours, I haven't even selected the settings I want from ripbot264. I am trying to convert a 4.46GB file.

This is my .avs script:

# VideoSource
    DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mateusz\My Documents\My Videos\Hairspray (2007).mpg")

# Trim
    Trim(400,152925)

# Autocrop
    AutoCrop()

# FadeIn
    FadeIn2(25)

# FadeOut
    FadeOut2(152500)

It opens in MPC which means its working. I have noticed while ripbot264 is 'gathering information', that an application called 'avs2avi' is working in the background, is it converting my file to avi? Help me open my script up in ripbot264 please.

I have noticed that when I open the script in external preview it loads up quicker, but some later parts of the video are shown just in a pink, is the video being saved in the temp folders?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nitro89 - was it taking 3 hours before you pressed start? or is it actually encoding? Judging by your computer specs it should take probably >5 hours for a 2-pass encode.

If it is still "gathering information" and you haven't queued the task or pressed start yet, something is wrong. Are you using the most current ripbot264 (1.9.2)? Since your source is .mpg, and likely has AC3 audio, what ripbot is doing is demultiplexing the audio and storing it temporaily. It should only take a few minutes.

If the preview is not working (you mentioned pink) - this suggests an error. You said "it opens in MPC;" do you mean the video file or the .avs script? Check opening the .avs script in MPC (not the .mpg) work correctly? Make sure you seek throughout - do you see pink as well?

I asked earlier if you decrypted "hairspray" correctly to get your .mpg. Can you tell me how you did the process? I ask because Hairspray is known to give errors, and if you didn't do it properly this would cause errors in the original VOB and could cause ripbot264 (or any encoder) to hang.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was taking more than 3 hours just to input the .avs file, I couldn't use the rest of ripbot264. Yes I do have the most recent version of ripbot264 (1.9.2). I opened the .avs script into MPC, the first 1/3 of the video comes out well, the other 2/3 are in a pink screen, but I think that's because the file is really big and does need quite a bit of processing.

This is what I did:

1. I decrypted 'Hairspray' using DVDFab HD Decrypter 4, I went to select main movie and decrypted it, no errors.

2. I then used DGIndex to demux the video.

3. I used MPC to verify the delay.

4. Then I used 'delaycut' to fix the audio.

5. I then opened the demuxed video and fixed audio in MPC, the sync was perfect.

6. I then remuxed the video using 'ImagoMPEG-Muxer', no errors.

7. I again checked with the newly remuxed video on MPC to check the audio was in sync, it was.

8. Then, I used AVSEdit to create my script, it loaded in MPC but slowly, I believe that it is due to the huge file size of 4.46GB.

9. Now, I tried opening the .avs file into ripbot264, but its stuck on 'gathering information' every time I try opening the .avs file, I am pretty sure its being converted in the background to avi as when I check the 'processes' in the taskbar, an application called 'avs2avi' is running which is also found in the ripbot264 rar folder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The 2/3 pink screen suggests to me you have a problem.

Does the .mpg play normally in MPC (check all the way through)

What version of avisynth are you using? For me, I had problems with 2.5.8 which were fixed when I went back to 2.5.7

Try this:

-------------------------------
    # VideoSource
    DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mateusz\My Documents\My Videos\Hairspray (2007).mpg")

# Trim
    Trim(0,100)

----------------------------
    This will just encode 100 frames, to eliminate the possibility that a filter is causing the problem, and should only take a minute

If the preview of the .AVS in MPC doesn't work (i.e. 2/3 pink screen) chances are no encoder will work (i.e. probably not ripbot264's fault).

On the slight chance, you could try another encoder like MeGUI (Steep learning curve, but also has a PSP profile if you download "Sharktooth's Profiles"). You could also use your AVS script and frameserve with avidemux through avsproxygui - once again might be a bit difficult to learn
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you can open your .mpg in avidemux and play it successfully (no pink distortion), you can do your conversion directly in avidemux without avisynth scripts. This would eliminate the possibility of avisynth or frameserving causing the problems. It has crop/autocrop, fade in/out filters and can do the same thing as your simple script specifies. It also has a PSP h.264 profile for easy encoding. Check to see if it opens & seeks properly; if it doesn't your .mpg is likely the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the .mpg opens up perfectly using MPC.

I am using avisynth 2.5.8, I will try 2.5.7 in a moment.

I tried your theory, encoded the first 100 frames, the scripted opened up very quickly in MPC, no purple screen.

ripbot264 is again taking a very long time to open this .avs file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux works perfect, thank you.

What's an appropriate video bitrate for an video with:
    - Length: 1:41:42
    - Fps: 25
    - Resolution: 448 x 272
    - Audio: 128kbps AAC

It also gives me the option on the 'quantizer', each frame gets the same compression, which is better?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just curious, did you try avisynth 2.5.7?

1) Open your video with avidemux

2) Auto (top menu) => PSP (H.264); this will automatically set the video, audio, container settings

3) Target type => PSP 480x272 (This will resize it to fit on your PSP), you can try the full settings as well

4) Under video sidebar, the "configure" already has preset bitrate. You can increase it if you want, probably not necessary for video this small size

5) Video sidebar, "Filters" You will see 2 filters already added (because you selected auto=> PSP)

6) If you push "crop" you can autocrop, or manually enter a crop setting. It shows you a preview

7) Still in the filters, Fade in/out . Enter fade in/ fade out values like you did for your avs script

8) Push preview to see if it is satisfactory. Adjust as necessary.

9) On the audio sidebar, it already has preset everything.

10) Format should already be set to PSP

11) You can adjust the view by selecting "side" on the drop down menu at the top. By default it shows "input". This will show a side by side comparison of the input and output after filters (similar to the virtualdub view)

12) Press save, but enter full filename (eg. "myfile.mp4")
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, I did try avisynth 2.5.7, still no luck, I did un-install and reinstall it, but ain't tried it yet, I don't have the patience for it at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  12. If you use VirtualDub 1.8.0 prerelease and the above mentioned DirectShow source filter, you do not need AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jagabo
    If you use VirtualDub 1.8.0 prerelease and the above mentioned DirectShow source filter, you do not need AviSynth.
    I suggested avidemux instead of virtualdub because I think it is better in this case:

virtualdub does not support .mp4 container (you will get problems with h.264/x.264 b-frames and b-pyramids in .avi)

virtualdub does not support aac audio

virtualdub does not have a psp profile generating presets that make it easy & compatible with psp - I'm not sure if you could get the vfw h.264 version into an .avi compatible with psp

avidemux has the filters required for Nitro89's transformation (fade, crop) without avisynth and natively support just about every format
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sorry, my reply was meant for another thread! I agree that AviDemux is better suited to the OP's purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to increase the audio using avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Nitro89
    Is there a way to increase the audio using avidemux?
    Do you mean volume?

Audio sidebar => filters => Gain (select auto -3db)

If you want it even louder enter manual and a number

Note if you already encoded it and are starting with the output file, just select "copy" in the video sidebar so you don't re-encode the video (lose quality).

Press save (with extension)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will '-3db' make my audio louder or quieter?
    Quote Quote  
  18. louder (yeah I know weird it doesn't make sense )
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when choosing the 'PSP/h264' profile, black borders are added to the video, are they necessary?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm not sure. It might end up looking normal on the PSP. Just test a small clip (use the mark in /mark out) and encode like 10 seconds. Test on your PSP. It should only take a few seconds to test it. If you don't like it, adjust the settings.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Once I finished encoding, the avidemux program save the file as a 'file', I tried renaming it as .mp4 on the PSP but it still wont play, I put it in all the video folders and nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Nitro89
    Once I finished encoding, the avidemux program save the file as a 'file', I tried renaming it as .mp4 on the PSP but it still wont play, I put it in all the video folders and nothing.
    Did you select MP4 as the output file type in AviDemux? The default is AVI (and the program doesn't automatically append the .AVI extension).

Originally Posted by Nitro89
    will '-3db' make my audio louder or quieter?
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    louder (yeah I know weird it doesn't make sense :))
    That setting automatically adjusts the gain to get the audio peaks to the -3db level. If your audio is below -3 it will be made louder. If it is above -3 it will be made softer.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by Nitro89
    Did you select MP4 as the output file type in AviDemux? The default is AVI (and the program doesn't automatically append the .AVI extension).
    I chose the PSP (h264) setting, so it should be .mp4, but it wont work on PSP.
    Quote Quote  
  24. What does GSpot say about your mp4 file?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Did you type "filename.mp4" when you press save (in avidemux)?

PSP firmware revision ?

Did you change the bitrate setting? (768kbps is the maximum in the 100MNV01 folder). What happens in the VIDEO folder?

Did you create thumbnail? sometimes PSP only works if you create thumbs (.thm)

If you deviated from the instructions above, and the final dimensions are some weird multiple, it might not play in PSP (if you cropped after the resize, or removed the default black borders). The final size should be 480x272. If this is the case, just adjust the resize filter.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when I saved the file I wrote "filename.mp4

My PSP is 3.90 OFW

I did create a thumbnail for the video

The resolution is 480x272

I also renamed the file "M4V10001"

I put the video in ALL the video folders, when I put it in the"video" folder, the appears in the "video" tab in the PSP, but no thumbnail and the it says "PSP could not play file".
    Quote Quote  
  27. Isn't your fps 25?

I think PSP needs 29.97.

Change the FPS to 29.97 (you can do it in the filters)

Edit: yes I just checked, you need 29.97

Also if you are just testing a small segment (using mark in/mark out) make sure you cut on keyframes (using the "<<" and ">>")
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    29.97? Why can't it be 25fps, what the hell?
    Quote Quote  
  29. I think the newest firmware added other fps support, but some people still reported problems.

If you didn't change any other settings (like B-frames), I don't know what the problem is? It worked for me before with avidemux (without avisynth) and MeGui (with avisynth), but I don't have a PSP now.

You can check this huge thread (but it's MeGui x264 for PSP), but other users have reported it working with avidemux.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=100116
    Quote Quote