VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I'm trying to open m2ts video file on Virtualdub. I have installed and downloaded FccHandler mpeg2 Input Driver and DirectShow Plugin. But I still have a problem. Can anyone explain how to do it as people did in the past?
    Quote Quote  
  2. In the past, ffinput driver . But these days, vdub2
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can I use FFDSHOW to open it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you just use Virtualdub2 as was suggested. It has it's own decoding, no need to worry about ffdshow.
    Are you using Windows xp?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried using VirtualDub2, but the message popped out saying this video editor is unknown software and that opening it can infect computer with virus. I'm just afraid of it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Download it from this forum
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/VirtualDub2
    it's clean, it's actively developed, the author is a member and contributes to this forum
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks. I'll try using it. Can you tell me what's the difference between VirtualDub and VirtualDub2?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    Thanks. I'll try using it. Can you tell me what's the difference between VirtualDub and VirtualDub2?
    Yes. It accepts almost all input types, decoding and encoding built in, done without the need for system codecs.
    The original Vdub hasn't been updated for 5 years
    Quote Quote  
  9. Image
    [Attachment 48283 - Click to enlarge]
    As shown on the screenshot, it doesn't let me open VirtualDub 2
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 48283 - Click to enlarge]
    As shown on the screenshot, it doesn't let me open VirtualDub 2
    This just means Microsoft has not seen enough occurrences of this program for "SmartScreen" to certify it as safe.
    There should be a way around SmartScreen.
    Click on the "info" link and there should be a way to allow this program
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks. It's working and all compression codecs are already in it. I found there's also FFDSHOW compression. When I clicked it, it popped up video encoder configuration and video processor configuration. In video processor configuration, it shows many filters. I'm considering using it for cropping my video because virtualdub cropping filter is not that accurate because it's not very flexible with unit. When I checked filters in video processor configuration, nothing happened. Can you tell me what should I do with this?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. It's working and all compression codecs are already in it. I found there's also FFDSHOW compression. When I clicked it, it popped up video encoder configuration and video processor configuration. In video processor configuration, it shows many filters. I'm considering using it for cropping my video because virtualdub cropping filter is not that accurate because it's not very flexible with unit. When I checked filters in video processor configuration, nothing happened. Can you tell me what should I do with this?
    Use the Virtualdub resize. If you want a free hand, choose absolute pixels, disable aspect ratio and for codec friendly
    resizing, choose multiples of 2 (multiples of 4 may work better with some codecs, you'll have to try it and see)

are you using XP? If not, I'd uninstall FFdshow/haali splitter and use LAV filters
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot to mention, under "codecs" in FFDshow, set RAW to all supported -
    this may allow some of the post processing options to work
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for your response, but now I found x264 is the best compression. FFDSHOW is useless as it seems like almost to nothing.
    Quote Quote