VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When backing up dvd's from Paramount it's nearly impossible to get rid of the annoying blue startup-screens, and still preserve the menues and extra's.

Is there a guide on this or can anyone help with this?
    Would it be possible to let "play first" point to main menu, and would that do the trick?

Thanx in advance (for this good forum as well)

ClaudiuS
    Face the facts, find a solution, stick to it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    VobBlanker

You can get rid of the warning screens, previews, anything you want so it will jump right to the main menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like waving a wand isn't it? Well nothing happened! Anyone who can help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i suggest VobBlanker

You can get rid of the warning screens, previews, anything you want so it will jump right to the main menu.

https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=869#869
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    i suggest VobBlanker

https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=869#869
    Hello hello hello hello........
    I could've swore i just heard an echo...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I didn't see the wand had a button. That helped, thanx for the advice and the link.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, VobBlanker won't jump right to the menu after you blank out the garbage. It will still pass by all that blanked stuff, although the delay is usually pretty short, but not always. On my standalone, I've seen delays of up to about 5-6 seconds or so when all the stuff was blanked with one of the Disney DVDs with all the forced previews, before hitting the menu.

Would it be possible to let "play first" point to main menu,

Yes, and the best way to accomplish that is with PGCEdit:

https://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/blutach/How_to_use_PgcEdit_new_macro.htm

However, instead of Macros – Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert as it was when the guide was written, it's now PGC – Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert. And after doing that, if it's a DVD9 you're shrinking down, be sure to go to VobBlanker and blank all the crap out. If it's a DVD5, it's sufficient to just do the Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Love your clear answers manono. ;o)

Problem with the above solution, which I've used several times, is that, at least I think so, that you miss some commands in the flowchart. Postcommands or what ever. SO it's not always a usable method.

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  9. There's certainly nothing wrong with doing it entirely with VobBlanker, and it's easy enough. I just find the PGCEdit solution, combined with VobBlanker afterwards, a bit more elegant. I can't say that I've ever had a problem doing it with PGCEdit, though. If you run into the problem with the resume flag, as described in the guide, following the instructions has fixed the problem the couple of times I've seen it.

Maybe you're not right-clicking on the menu where you want to start and "Toggle PGC Pre/post Breakpoint" before running the Trace and then doing the "Jump To PGC Upon DVD Insert" after making your way back to there.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I'm not speaking clearly. The problems described is experienced when blanking with vobblanker.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use IFOEdit to remove unwanted trailers, FBI Warnings etc using the delete playback option. Doing it this way avoids the "LAG" sometimes experianced on standalone players when using VobBlanker. Also a point to note is that IFOEdit is FREE and is underated. It has its own preview function so you can make sure what you are deleting from playing back is what you want to delete. I can send you a quick guide on how to perform this - Once you have done it once or twice its childplay and not as daunting as I believed it to be on my first attempt. Anyway its your decision at the end of the day - Just throwing in another contender into the ring.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sorry, I'm not speaking clearly. The problems described is experienced when blanking with vobblanker.

Or maybe I'm not understanding clearly. Boy, did I get that one wrong. Based on what Neil1970Poole said, maybe the PGCEdit method isn't the best way, but just one way.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess no way is THE right way. Protection schemes and nag screens are nearly all different, allthough there are similarities. One way may be best for some purpose, another better for others.
    The best way, I think will allways be to understand what you actually want to do, and then use the tool best suited to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Didn't get this pgcedit way to work properly, but found another very easy way myself.
    When opened in DVDRemake you can see that play first points to VTS_1 (root menu), and from there it starts these blue screens.
    I found the (right) root menu, the one with options to choose setting, extras or play, right-clicked in panel and picked the option to make it the "root menu".
    Voila, job done!
    Quote Quote