VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. I have 2.0 3.0 and 3.5 installed with the latest service packs. I had 4.0 installed before but now it's corrupted because it didn't uninstall properly so I can't reinstall it.

Note that Megui only crashes when the preview window of the video is supposed to pop up.
    Quote Quote  
  2. MeGUI should run fine with just dot net version 2.0. I've run it for a long time with just dot net 2.0 installed (service pack 2).
    A while back I installed dot net version 4.0 because I was wanting to try a program which required it and MeGUI still runs fine (I'm using XP).

I don't know much about avsfilternet.dll, aside from the fact it appears to not be part of an MeGUI installation. I searched for it on both the PCs here and couldn't find avsfilternet.dll anywhere. http://avsfilternet.codeplex.com

If I had to guess.... try navigating to the AViSynth installation folder and removing avsfilternet.dll from the plugins subfolder (probably the AviSynth plugins folder, not the MeGUI tools folder). See if MeGUI will play nice without the plugin there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. LOL, your guess was genius, it worked. Thanks a lot, man. It's weird because all I did was migrate everything to a new partition so nothing has really changed except the drive letter, oh well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It was just a guess based on the fact I had an AviSynth plugin at one stage which stopped AviSynth from working. I think the plugins in the plugins folder are automatically loaded (I can't remember for sure) but I recall having to remove one at one stage. I'd guess the plugin in question requires dot net version 4 to work. At least it appears that way. Anyway.... I'm glad it fixed the problem.
    Quote Quote