VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Oh, I just a couple of weeks ago had to do that. I had two versions of a film, one with good picture and one with good audio. I wanted to put the good audio with the good picture. Except, the audio and the video it was from was a few seconds longer than the video I wanted to keep and I had to line them up perfectly so the frames would match and the audio would synch up. I used StackHorizontal and used AVISource for the longer version and Imported an AVS for the shorter version. I went through them and when I came to a place where a frame or two had been added in the longer version, I edited the AVS of the shorter version to add frames, reloaded the script in VDub (F2) and continued on my way. It worked out well and wasn't all that difficult. It just took time.

You are doing the same thing, roughly, just deleting frames rather than adding them. And you can use the AVISynth filter DeleteFrames. Just remember to update every time you delete frames or the frame numbers quickly get screwed up.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I will give it a try after the weekend is over and if I have issues, I will ask about them.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm having a bit of problem with the idea we were talking about.

I got the scripts to stack horizontally and things seem to work fine thanks to everyone's information, but it seems there is something conflicting. It says srestore can only be called once. I have it in the main script and in the imported script.

If I take it out of the imported script, then the framerates and times are off and they don't show the same things in the preview.
    If I take it out of both, then the framerate is doubled and I cant halve an odd number like frame 2177 to get the frame it would be on with srestore in it because it would end with .5.

Can I not preview it like this as long as srestore is in both of the scripts?
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 2nd Mar 2017 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I mentioned earlier that one of the scripts (the 'base' script I'm using to match the other one to) is made from an AVI I made (a Lagarith lossless AVI) and doesn't call SRestore. So, I've never run into that particular problem. Actually, when I'm just trying to match up frame counts neither uses a bobber or SRestore so I wouldn't ever run into that problem. I already did that earlier in the process. My suggestion is to encode one or both of your scripts (probably at least the 'base' script I mentioned before) for lossless AVI and then use AviSource on it before doing the StackHorizontal. The script went something like this:

A=AviSource("Movie1.avi")###A Lagarith AVI of the movie I'm trying to 'copy'
    B=Import("F:\Movie2\Demuxed\Movie2.avs")###The imported AVS I'm trying to match up with Movie1.
    Stack Horizontal(A,B)

That way, by making them both AVIs with the unblending already taken care of, you just have to concentrate on matching up the frames. For the one that doesn't matter, you can use a fast bobber such as Yadif(Mode=1). Alternatively, rather than bob and Srestore one of them (the unimportant one) just use a ChangeFPS command to get the framerate and framecount correct.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Apparently there is another srestore that can be used multiple times. I wonder if I should give that a try. They dont seem to be 100% sure of how it works though since their saying "This is hopefully the only functional difference"

"Srestore 2.7e is the original version and it can only be called one time in any script due to its use of global variables.

Srestore 2.7g can be called as many times as you like and it's also works correctly with the updated Average. This is hopefully the only functional difference.
    "
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 2nd Mar 2017 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote