VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Update:

So I looked up the settings there used to be a "Keep internal bookmark list" option instead of "Show bookmark list".

So I had that disabled while it was available. Which now I can't. Maybe I can figure out what was set in the ini/registry. Maybe it still works and only the UI setting was removed.

Update2:
    Nope. The setting is removed instantly. Sad...
    It looks like this got resolved, by the option being re-added in the latest stable release. I did have to remove leftover bookmark gunk from the registry though because they wouldn't disappear.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    [1.7.8557]			         	2018/02/08
    - Fixed issues with ads
    - Fixed a problem that sometimes the video does not come out
    Anyone want to guess what "does not come out" mean? Or what issue with what ads...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi!

I noticed that recent versions don't remember whether the file was played or not when I copy files from one playlist to another.
    Is there a setting for this (I don't see anything that looks relevant) or did they just change how it works? I rather liked the old behavior, can I get it back?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just want to express my appreciation, finally PotPlayer can auto-rotate MKV with an embedded XML rotation tag, as of PotPlayer 1.7.8557 64-bit.

It's a superb ability, for I often remux videos of different codecs (eg. H.264, VP8, VP9, etc) into an MKV container and then embed an XML rotation tag to those videos which were shot sideways. Thus I don't have to manually rotate them every time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anyone want to guess what these new features mean?
    Code:
    [1.7.10780]			           	2018/04/09
    + Added PotPlayer extension with AngelScript
      Added open address extension
      Added media playlist/item extension
      Added online subtitle extension
      Added online subtitle translation extension
    + Added Crossfeed function into sound processing

- Change the default video output device
      "Built-in Direct3D 11 Video Renderer" in Windows 8 or newer
      "Built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer" in Vista or newer
    - Change the default sound output device
      "Built-in WASAPI Audio Renderer" in Vista or newer
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Anyone want to guess what these new features mean?
    Code:
    [1.7.10780]			           	2018/04/09
    + Added PotPlayer extension with AngelScript
      Added open address extension
      Added media playlist/item extension
      Added online subtitle extension
      Added online subtitle translation extension
    + Added Crossfeed function into sound processing

- Change the default video output device
      "Built-in Direct3D 11 Video Renderer" in Windows 8 or newer
      "Built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer" in Vista or newer
    - Change the default sound output device
      "Built-in WASAPI Audio Renderer" in Vista or newer
    Polish translator of PotPlayer has some explanations here: https://potplayerclub.pl/big-shot-wielkie-usprawnienia/
    I hope the google translator can make them understandable in other languages
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by AllisOne View Post
    I hope the google translator can make them understandable in other languages
    Somewhat. So it basically means that multimedia and subtitle website support can be extended via other sites? Though I still have no clue what might "Added open address extension" means.
    Last edited by mzso; 9th Apr 2018 at 12:01.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Before, the "Local File Navigator" option for playlists used to automatically update with file changes in the folder (added/removed), but now it lists the same files as when the playlist was selected. (I use the "List only supported formats in the path tree" option)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by starfall89 View Post
    Before, the "Local File Navigator" option for playlists used to automatically update with file changes in the folder (added/removed), but now it lists the same files as when the playlist was selected. (I use the "List only supported formats in the path tree" option)
    Report it to the dev. (See opening post)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi!

Did anyone try to convince the PP dev that the registry/ini file getting spammed full of bookmarks and even worse bookmark thumbnails even though I have "Store bookmarks into .pbf files instead of Registry/INI" set is a really bad thing? I certainly failed... Though I'm not sure he comprehends what the issue is.

It's even worse that it's buggy.
    All items for removed files show up empty in the player despite the bookmarks still being there in the registry.
    If I delete the pbf manually, the bookmarks won't show up, but they'll still be stored in the registry/ini... So they don't even function as a backup, just waste space and performance.

Also after a bunch of these pile up the "Clear bookmarks of the related item" feature stops functioning.
    Quote Quote  
  11. WTF?

Did videohelp recently just completely remove the repository for Potplayer, new and old versions as well?
    This sucks immensely. I could rely on videohelp on downgrades and stuff. Now I don't even get an installer with the version number in the filename...
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't want to host adware installers.

But I will add back the potplayer old versions links.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And I will host the potplayer adware versions also but with -ads in the file name:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/PotPlayer/old-versions#downloadold
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I don't want to host adware installers.

But I will add back the potplayer old versions links.
    What changed. Didn't it already have adware/crapware for a long while? (I don't know, I've been extracting only files from the installers for years because they used to be crappy ones that wiped all data on update... (Or maybe they were only the DVBSupport translated installers) )

Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    And I will host the potplayer adware versions also but with -ads in the file name:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/PotPlayer/old-versions#downloadold
    Cool. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi!
    Anyone still around?
    Can I get potplayer to play PAL DVD films at correct speed? I can't find a custom "fix PAL playback rate" feature.
    I also can't change playback speed arbitrarily, only in 10% increments. For VLC i saw a recommendation to set it to 96%
    Quote Quote  
  16. Preferences > Playback > Speed steps: [0.01]
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Preferences > Playback > Speed steps: [0.01]
    Thanks. Didn't realize that there were more settings in the preferences.

Edit:
    Too bad the quality is too poor with pitch shifting. Too many artifacts.
    Last edited by mzso; 1st Feb 2020 at 16:07.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Try the option Playback > Audio speed control: "Use FFmpeg audio time stretching", it works good here, or other options.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Try the option Playback > Audio speed control: "Use FFmpeg audio time stretching", it works good here, or other options.
    I did. Only the pitch shifting option changes the pitch as is needed. But unfortunately the quality is lacking.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Perhaps you need to change other options, Audio, disable normalization, I'm not sure, perhaps you could try the official PotPlayer forum.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi!
    Anyone still around?
    I normally just unpack Potplayer from the installer rather than running the installer. This way I avoid its nonsense.
    Anyway, recently I ran a separate test instance I unpacked for testing and since then my main instance started to harass me with update check prompts. How do I re-disable it? (Or re-brake it)
    Quote Quote  
  22. It looks, the latest versions (200730 64-bit and 32-bit) are adfree again! It's possible to disable auto-update too.

Tested both versions, downloaded from the official homepage: https://potplayer.daum.net/
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    It looks, the latest versions (200730 64-bit and 32-bit) are adfree again! It's possible to disable auto-update too.

Tested both versions, downloaded from the official homepage: https://potplayer.daum.net/
    It looks like it.

Can anyone also test it before I upgrade the videohelp potplayer page?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Just a post from the official forum, from user mlmason75, 30 Jul 2020 21:56:

Good News!!!

It look like the developer may have listened to all the complaints they most likely get and finally removed the Adware which ask you to install extra software during install.

This is the first version in a long time that was not blocked by Windows security anti virus and there is no extra adware installer as far as I can tell.

I hope it stays that way.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello ... mkv files have loud squeaks when playing in the updated potplayer, anyone with these same problems? In the previous stable version this did not happen.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Franckdf View Post
    Hello ... mkv files have loud squeaks when playing in the updated potplayer, anyone with these same problems? In the previous stable version this did not happen.
    Hard to guess anything from this. Can you record a good sample?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Oh, just remembered. I have this annoying issue. Potplayer doesn't appear on the alt+tab list. Does anyone have an idea what's causing this? It doesn't happen with default configuration, so something has to be causing this.
    It's mainly annoying because this way I can't click on it to select PP, I'm just sent back to the current window.

It looks like this:
    [Attachment 54876 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  29. mzso - Preferences - General - Store settings into .ini file, then close the program and open the .ini file from the install folder, backup the file and then try to remove some lines in text editor and save, check, then remove more lines, check - it needs some time, but this way you can find the option causing the issue, it's good to start with the last 50% - remove, if the issue is gone, redo and remove just last 25%, then 10% and so on.

It's good to use some advanced text editor, like PSPad, so you can use multilevel undo/redo.

EDIT: You can also disable default hotkeys, non-standard 1-key hotkeys causing such issues often, so disable default hotkeys and re-assign just those you need - it's not easy, because you have to create a new item for each hotkey - or if you want to disable individual hotkeys, it's the same, 1 item per hotkey, but once you do it, backup the .ini file, you can't change some option by mistake anymore.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12th Sep 2020 at 13:12.
    Quote Quote