VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Studio DV plus card. I have some high quality video clips that l have captured with my Sony digital camera and have successfully captured it into my PC.

I would like to edit this clips and a) burn them to CDs.

To maintain the best quality, i have been told NOT to use Studio Plus to encode the clips.

Do l just use Studio DV plus to edit and save it as an AVI file and then to encode with TMPEG? (to main the best results)?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, that is what I learned to be the best approach. I learned this from this web-site, from Pinnacle web-forums and my own experience.
    Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hope some of the following infos help:

1) do not encode to MPEG with Studio DV due to horrible quality ( I know quality is very subjecttive but everyone seems to agree here)

2) save to AVI : limited to 4GB file size (18 min of video). This even on Windows 2000 using NTFS. This limitation is NOT due to the file system but due to some kind of bug in Studio DV software: it hangs at the 4GB limit.

3) save to AVI: take forever to create AVI (many x movie time). I normally save video back to the DV camcorder, then recapture to AVI again from the new tape (2x + rewind time). This way, it is faster and it has no 4GB limit if you are using NTFS file system. A bonus is you have a highest quality digital archive of your video work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ktnwin on 2001-09-13 18:32:44 ]</font>
    Quote Quote