VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you buy downloadable content for video games?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you buy downloadable content for video games? Do you buy map packs? How about in game items like money/costumes/powerups, etc? How about songs for rockband or guitar hero?

I do for the xbox 360. I buy songs every now and then for guitar hero and rockband. Mostly rockband however. I find guitar hero to be lacking in their available selection - though they do have a good selection on their main discs so that is not such a bad thing. I have also bought some but not all map packs for Halo 3. I've also bought some add ons for Tales of Vesperia (still haven't gotten anywhere near to finishing it but enjoy it nonetheless).

So how about you?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    XBOX 360

Ninja Turtles

UNO

PS3

Calling All Cars

Mortal Kombat 2

Will buy other things down the road.
    Quote Quote  
  3. steam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, but I research them as much as possible first to make sure I'm not throwing my money away on something stupid.
    Paying for different costumes is just plain retarded...
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    so far I've only bought songs ...
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There were some pay add-ons for CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION that I bought and downloaded from the PSN Store. I think I also paid for some of the BURNOUT PARADISE add-ons.

However there have been some games that have had free add-ons that I have downloaded.

Free is always good

I've also bought some full games like MORTAL KOMBAT 2 and the new HDTV remix version of STREET FIGHTER 2 and THE LAST MAN and AGE OF BOOTY etc. but all of those have been fairly inexpensive. I wouldn't want to buy a very large expensive download like SIREN. Although ironically I might spend more on the Blu-Ray of SIREN.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    I've probably spent about $25.00 - $30.00 on Sony HOME (TM) stuff.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I buy mmo games from direct2drive that dont require reactivating everytime you have to reinstall them.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sackboy for Hot Shots Golf on the PS3 was Sweet so was Kratos....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have purchased a few WiiWare games, and a couple of the Virtual Console games, as well as a couple of Rock Band songs on my Wii. As for the 360, the only thing I've downloaded is Darth Vader for SoulCalibur IV, and some free demos. I've purchaesed more things for my Wii, but I've downloaded a bunch of the free demos for my 360.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote