VideoHelp Forum

View Poll Results: Whom do you prefer - Bob Seger or Bruce Springsteen?

Voters
832. This poll is closed
  • Bob Seger

232 27.88%
  • Bruce Springsteen

193 23.20%
  • Both

75 9.01%
  • Neither - don't like them particularly well or don't care much for rock/pop

275 33.05%
  • no opinion or too close to call a firm choice on it

57 6.85%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vico1
    Now I'll Quote myself...upon first hearing a Rap song my son was playing on the
    families CD player

"JEEESUS BOY...YOU LIKE THAT JUNK???"

Times...Generations...Change.
    I'm glad my kids listen to country music. I'd gladly take "Brooks & Dunn" all day long over 3 minutes of hip hop. BTW, there are some mighty good tunes coming out of country music these days (and some crap as well). If you're tempted, check out the latest B&D, Little Big Town or Rascal Flats recordings: it's not that twangy crap you assoicate with C&W. Sorry about the straying off..(though my kids do like the Boss and Bob Seger songs they've heard on the car radio).
    Usually long gone and forgotten

Search Comp PM
    it's an odd comparison/choice....
    BTW, they both suck -- voted 'neither'.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"

Search Comp PM
    Suggestion for the next poll:

Which is your favorite Andy Warhol depiction of the past decade:

1) "Basquiat"
    2) "I Shot Andy Warhol"
    3) "Factory Girl"

------------------------------------

How Do You Eat Your Corn on the Cob ?

1) Lengthwise
    2) Circular, Slowly jutting across
    3) I prefer creamed corn

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xylob
    it's an odd comparison/choice.
    Really? I've always thought of them as kind of the opposite side of the same coin. Both unique but very similar in many ways. maybe thats just me.....

Originally Posted by thefamilyman
    it's not that twangy crap you assoicate with C&W
    Wait a minute I thought ALL country was twangy stuff????

Anyway ever heard the Weird Al "ACHY BREAKY SONG"???? Great riff on Billy Ray Cyrus and country music in general
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed TheFamilyMan...there IS a lot of good "Country" now.

Tho, as a kid, I was "Closet" country fan...not "bluegrass" (that always gave me a headache)
    But the other kind, like George Jones, Waylon, Willie, Cash, ect...

Had to keep it on the "downlow" tho...all my buddies were Rockers...
    They wouldn't understand... ...

And appearantly...some of those here too...
    The Devil`s always.....in the Details!

Search Comp PM
    Hey vico1 - one country I did like was John Hiatt. I only have one album though - PERFECTLY GOOD GUITAR. Now if you can direct me to more similar "rock country" I'd be open to it. But not the deep south stuff.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Hey vico1 - one country I did like was John Hiatt. I only have one album though - PERFECTLY GOOD GUITAR. Now if you can direct me to more similar "rock country" I'd be open to it. But not the deep south stuff.....

Kind of on the hoky side, but I dig it.

The music debate will last as long as the music plays.

I like Pat Benatar (SP) Doing some of her opreatic type stuff too, and that is kind of the essence of ROCK, steal from everywhere and run with it!

Now Rascal Flats has just the right TWANGGGGG to make my damn ears ring, like cheap headphones and audio ping.

Toby Keith, now that ole boy has the right attitude! From a boot in the ass to for a good time call, funny stuff!
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Hey vico1 - one country I did like was John Hiatt. I only have one album though - PERFECTLY GOOD GUITAR.
    Not familiar with that album...so can't speak to it.

A few artists that have some cuts that are a little more progressive (IMHO) I like are:
    Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney. (plus too many more to list)
    Of course, as with most "country" cd's, most artist's are seeded with more "classic"
    rhythm cuts too.

Also...I think we're straying a little off topic, sorry...not the intent...

Search Comp PM
    Also...I think we're straying a little off topic, sorry...not the intent...

Search Comp PM
    "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" by Seger. Not played on the radio much, but it is an awesome song. That's what Rock 'N Roll is all about!
    -The Mang

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mysticmel
    On a personal note - I'd take Rod Stewart over both Seger and Springsteen though, back in those good ol' days that is.
    Had to put this in 'cause my wife was looking over my shoulder reading this thread,
    and said to mention something about "Rod the Bod"...

I liked the music he put out WAY back in the day..."mandolin wind", "maggie may" days.
    Not too much when he went more mainstream pop. (tho my wife does)

I actually saw him perform around '68 or '69 with the Jeff Beck Group at a small venue.
    They did a rendition of "I'm Losing You" (Temptations) that brought the house down!
    And...that was long before Rod put it on one of his solo albums.
    That's still one of my favorites by him...Nothin' But Rockin' Soul!

12. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Suggestion for the next poll:

Which is your favorite Andy Warhol depiction of the past decade:

1) "Basquiat"
    2) "I Shot Andy Warhol"
    3) "Factory Girl"

------------------------------------

How Do You Eat Your Corn on the Cob ?

1) Lengthwise
    2) Circular, Slowly jutting across
    3) I prefer creamed corn
    It got you to post

I like your "fun" polls, Yoda. Keep up the good work 8)

13. I like both but give the nod to the Boss...Born to Run is the best rock anthem of all time...

His performance in the No Nukes was incredible... The only time I dislike the Boss is when he gives his opinion on his political leanings. When he does that I wanna toss my cookies....

Search Comp PM
    Times change...public's taste in music changes...
    (can you remember when there was NO Rap music on MTV...I can)
    Yep I can also remember when they did not have commercials on that MTV either.

My only problem with Springsteen is looks like he is heavily constipated with singing and sounds like it too

15. Neither.

Depending on my mood, I'd prefer Mendelssohn, Saint-Saens, and yes, Hendrix, Mahavishnu Orchestra, et. al. Something/anything more enduring than those two.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

Search Comp PM
    No comparison...Seger hands down

if you want to get depressed with slow sad songs, I can't recommend Springsteen enough

btw, archive.org taught me the difference between popular and unpopular music...I've never heard such horribleness...LMAO...is that a word?

HT!

Search Comp PM
    Can't vote. I like rock/pop but neither of these two.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Yeah, try humming a rap song.
    Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times...
    Catchy tune. Now I'll be humming it all day! :P
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields

19. Originally Posted by ricoman
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Yeah, try humming a rap song.
    Catchy tune. Now I'll be humming it all day! :P
    It's a wonderful celebration of our right to bear arms!

20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NEITHER.

Don't like either of them whatsoever BECAUSE I actually like real rock'n'roll.

Search Comp PM
    Like Segar.

As for Bruce Springsteen...rockers like "Born to Run" & "Born in the U.S.A." are
    songs that, "Walk the Walk"...very few...can deny that.
    As for the unboss I can easily deny it. In fact I can prove it to many. True I since I don't like Born in the USA I haven't listened to him except by accident. However I dislike that one so much he hasn't a chance with me. Reminds me of the Jose Feliciano version of Light My Fire which was annoying enough in the original Doors version.

And now for the proof (and fans of the unboss have the nerve to complain about rap here):

Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A., Born in the U.S.A.,

Repeat untill the unboss drops dead. Sheesh and I thought Dyn-O-Mite and Hi Ho Hi Ho were brain dead. Yes I know there are at least three other words in the song but who the hell cares?

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work I go (at 4:30 AM Black Friday)

Cool song. I like it." Especially the Hi Ho part". But its still brain dead just like I will be Black Friday.

22. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not seeing where this thread is going anywhere at present and seems to have ran it's course. Locking it.

Moderator redwudz