VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I really don't want to hammer this home but I do not want to let inaccurate information stand.

I have testbed machines on which I have changed both the motherboard end of the IDE cable and the power connectors literally DOZENS of times. Outside of bending a pin (easily fixed with a small flatblade), I have never seen, or even heard of (among the five techs I know well with over 50 years combined experience in a metropolitan area of half a million people)
    any of these connectors "wearing out".

I feel the primary purpose of this forum is to exchange information, while friendly relations are always desirable, inaccurate or misleading information can do actual harm. If I question a statement, I will say so. If something is flat wrong and I am absolutely certain of it, in order to give back to this system which has taught me so much, I am obligated to set the record straight.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    I already said you are correct in your statement, as so is the other statement. I am only being fair to both statements - nobody in the world kows everything about a computer - something new can happen today in the computer industry that people thought could never be possible in the history of IT

If I am set to belive anyone, it's my brother - not becasue he is my brother, but becasue he has been an Engineer/Technician (whatever you wish to call it) in the IT industry for over 12 years himself
    I belive what you are saying, but if I know someone who has experienced what he said then I would belive that person more.

However, that is beside the point.
    I don't want us getting off on the wong foot.

Please let's just drop the subject and let's be friends

Sounds good to me - how about you? 8)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Nelson37

Don't take me the wrong way - heck...I'm just a college student for crying out loud

I know I should have not got the idea that you were insulting my brother or myself - so I hope it's okay.

The reason I thought you meant it as an insult when you told me that the peron's statement (my brother) was ubtrue, and then you told me to not take anymore info from that person - you must understand that I took it the wrong way becasue other ofrums I have been to have members talking really bad to one another - so I hope you understand why I took it the wrong way, but I am sure you did not mean it - you were only trying your best t help me out, really...weren't you.

Anyway, I hope the subject is closed.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!