VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to get photos organized on my computer. Over time, we've made copies of photos to put in other folders for projects, etc.. It's just a big mess. I'm trying to create one centralized folder for photos, organized by year. Does anyone know of a really good duplicate finder? Not necessarily based on name because we've copied photos, renamed them, etc. I need something that can actually analyze images, or file sizes to see if they are in fact the same file so I can get this mess organized.. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First thing I would do is put all of the pics on one folder(no sub-folders) and use Windows "arrange icons by" feature.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ops....removed again
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't want to put them all into one folder because they're already pretty much organized by year, for the most part. If I put them all into one folder, then it would make an even bigger mess..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you ever used the "arrange icons by" feature?...or VIEW - CHOOSE DETAILS to add to the "arrange icons by" criteria?

First thing to do though backup all of the pics to external storage....whether it be and external HDD or CD or DVD media.

Cameras usually put a pretty unique file name on the original pics...they would be easy to spot....especially if they were all copied to one folder.
    Quote Quote