VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using AVStoDVD 2.8.0. I have created the menu, but many of the thumbnails are blank (completely black). I have tried to edit which frame is being selected by selecting edit video, playing it to the desired frame, pausing, then selecting the | icon as the instruction say. When I pause the frame goes black. And that is all I end up getting in my menu, a full-black frame. Has anyone run into this before and found a way to make it work ? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi slingo,

the interesting thing is that, if I have correctly understood, some thumbs are ok, some thumbs are black. Is there any commonality with the input titles format? I mean, for example, AVIs are ok, MP4s are not, or anything like that?

You can eventually test the DVD menu output by using the option 'Menu'/'Select Mode'/'Full Preview' from the DVD Menu Editor window.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. They are all MP4. They all play ok until I pause, then it goes black.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you using Motion Menu or Static Menu? Do you get the issue with both of them?

Remember you can eventually test the DVD menu output by using the option 'Menu'/'Select Mode'/'Full Preview' from the DVD Menu Editor window. Have you tried?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. This was a static menu. I even tried just typing in different frame numbers, but they all came out either completely black or just enough color to know that there was supposed to be an image, even though you could not see the actual image. I tried the full preview. I even went to the point of burning a DVD just to see if it was a problem with the preview. But the DVD was the same as the preview - black thumbnails.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What about using the Motion Menu? Same problem?

After loading the mp4 to your project, hit 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Filters Graph' and post here the screenshot. Let's see if there are any issue in decoding the mp4.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried the motion menu and got the same results. Many of the videos were dark or completely black. Here are the results of the filters graph. I burned this off to a DVD and it is just the menus thumbnails that are black. The videos play fine, for what that's worth.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	29816  

Quote Quote  
  8. I strongly suggest to install LAV Filters and to use the 'Codecs'/'Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup' to select LAV Filters over Microsoft. After that, check again with 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Filters Graph' to validate that LAV Filters is used instead of Microsoft decoders. Then try again with the DVD Menu.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mr_C, Thanks for sticking with me on this. I appreciate it very much. I installed the LAV filters, but for some reason when I try to switch to the LAV filters in AVStoDVD it gives me a rather non-descript error "Error! Other MPG4 Preferred Codec NOT updated". I tried switching all of them to LAV instead of Microsoft and they all did the same thing.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM
    Try using Win7DSFilterTweaker.
    _MrC_ Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders have cause me issues in the past including sync issues, and they are stubborn about giving up their preferred status.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I made sure I ran the program with admin privileges. Is there anything else I can try to get them to switch over ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Running the exe with Admin privilege is not enough. You have to be logged as Admin of your machine.

BTW ff the built-in function of AVStoDVD does not works, you may use Win7DSFilterTweaker as suggested by gonca

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 20th Jan 2015 at 04:52. Reason: More details
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!