VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all, after decades I still could not find a software like Audition 1.5 that allows me to load mkv files and sync audio on the video. I tried every audtion software (3.0, cs, cc..) and none of those works with mkv. I have windows 10 and I see that audition 1.5 has limitations because it is a very old software for this operation system. I tried audacity but is not efficient like audition 1.5 and doesn't load mkv.

This is what I do with audition, synching cut/paste audio, stretching, etc...

thanks to all for any suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Current Adobe products don't recognize the mkv container -- probably because it is so often used in violation of copyright rules.

If you convert to a different container the current version of audition should suit your needs.

Example:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -codec copy output.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to convert mp4 and loaded in audition 3.0 or later but the video freeze and not so fluid... I would like to know what it has about miraculous audition 1.5
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you tried Virtualdub2?
    Go to View > Audio Display then press CTRL+I to mess with the delay.

I rather prefer Davinci Resolve to do my professional work, all I need to do is to drag the audio track to position.
    Quote Quote