VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay, I followed all the DVD9 to DVD5 guides and used burnatonce burner to burn my film to dvd-r. On the PC its great - crystal clear and audio is in sync etc. But on my standalone player - plays both + and - formats, the disc is read as 'dirty dvd'. Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Thanks!
    Bex
    Quote Quote  
  2. what player do you have that actually displays 'dirty dvd' when you play it? is it a hardcore dvdr :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. LOL! Well I had that coming didn't I?

It's a Sony DVP-NS330

Bex
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok, this is probably the default message that says it cannot read the disc. my guess is that the media is the culprit. Sony is one of the few players that is extremely particular as to what media (type) it plays. chances are your dvdr will play on another (make) player. i would stick to HIGH quality dvdrs since Sony requires it. BTW what is the media ID of the dvdr it cannot play?
    NOTE: funny that $30-50 players can play anything you throw at it, but the $100+ player cannot
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well I have a suspicion that it's to do with the software I used or the format of the files or something, cos I used one of these same discs for copying a film directly from the dvd and it played fine - that was using nero 6. The only reason I switched was for this one was becuase Nero wouldn't copy it from the original dvd because it was 'copyrighted'. That first one played perfectly on the sony - they're datawrite dvd minus r's.

Hope you can help!
    Bex
    Quote Quote  
  6. why don't you outline what process you used. More info would help us help you. hehe.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Basically, I ripped the original using dvd dycrypter on to my harddrive, then used dvd2one to compress it (DVD9 to DVD5). The compressed files I then put into the video_ts folder in burnatonce and burnt the dvd. Should have said that at the beginning! Lol. V sorry!

Bex
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    bex_3000 -

I have two SONY DVD/SACD Changers that gives me a disc dirty error whenever I try to play a DVD-R that exceeds 4.3 GB. Had me going for a while, and found it by accident.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I thought that could be it but the DVD-r only has 4gigs of movie on it. It's very odd!

Bex
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have a sony dvd/sacd player, not sure of the model number. If I burn a dvd with record now max I get the "dirty" error, but it plays fine on my other players.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  11. Bex
    what media ID (second request) is the datawrite dvdr that's dirty? at this point i still think it is a media issue. try another media ID dvdr. see, you're going to have to identify the ID first (DVDInfo Pro freeware) to find out what NOT to try. or go with a Ritek-based dvdr. good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Oh sorry! I thought when you asked for the media ID you meant the product name of the dvd-r disc. Is that dvdinfopro what I use to find out the media ID? (sorry to be dense!)

Bex
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have that same DVD player and have gotten that same message with only one of my copies....all the others worked fine.

The only difference between the DVD I got it with and all the others I copied is that DVDShrink gave me some kind of RCE protection error warning(even though others I copied had RCE protection), it said it coudln't break it and I couldn't burn the disk region free.

That could be what's happening.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Is that dvdinfopro what I use to find out the media ID
    yes. also try playing the dvdr in another player. this will isolate whether it is a media issue or not. take the dvdr to a video store, neighbor's house. avoid playing it in another Sony or Panasonic.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Okay excuse my stupidity, I finally found the media ID - they're PRINCO, and I've been reading the Sony players don't like Princo discs. I'll try playing it on someone else's player tomos and I'll tell yas what happens. Thanks so much for the help!
    Bex
    Quote Quote  
  16. PRINCO
    you just found your problem 8) 8) .
    Quote Quote