VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. On http://neuron2.net/index.html for the filter " Image Layering Filter -- by Brian Allen Vanderburg II " for VideoDub, I seem to be having a problem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled1.bmp
Views:	1232
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	4833
    I'm trying to figure out how to have the Layer Color be transparent, but still show the object in it, so I could see the object with the video. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried adjusting the bottom slider, which controls Top Layer Opacity?
    The default value is 256, completely opaque, so move the slider to the left.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    Yes, but it also makes the object become transparent. What I'm looking for is for only the layer color to become transparent.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by creamcone
    Yes, but it also makes the object become transparent. What I'm looking for is for only the layer color to become transparent.
    All vdubmod or vdub filters blurrrs/artifacts outer edges/borders in high resolution.
    Raw AVISynth script, and text based subtitle can produce the effect, what you are looking for.
    For details, follow AVISynth subtitle guidelines.
    Last edited by Bonie81; 24th Dec 2010 at 19:15.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by creamcone View Post
    Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    Right, I get it now. I don't think you can do this with the color setting.
    What you need to do is create a 'control image' which is the same size as your layer image and pure white.
    This acts as a mask to control the area that will be layered.

Set the Control Image filename in the Layer dialog with its offsets the same as for the Layer Image.
    Finally uncheck "Default ON" so that the layering is off outside of the control image.

Originally Posted by Bonie81 View Post
    All vdubmod or vdub filters blurrrs/artifacts outer edges/borders in high resolution.
    Huh ???
    Quote Quote  
  6. @ Gavino

try watching output files in a big screen, and watch closely the particular area where the filter is applied.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try watching output files in a big screen, and watch closely the particular area where the filter is applied.
    It's possible that some filters have edge artifacts (though I'm not aware of any specific examples), but I don't see how you can say that "all vdubmod or vdub filters" do so. That would imply some systematic fault in the program - is that what you claim?
    Quote Quote