VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When i play a Stereo music with my Realtek sound card (with 5.1 speakers) i really wonder about how it can play this 2 ch. stereo audio in 6 speakers in surround effect. Mostly for REARs.

my question is -- can i save this 5 or 6 separate track from stereo OR upmix 5.1 from stereo [2.0] ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Personally I think the only thing worse than surround sound would be fake surround sound, but MeGUI has options in it's audio encoder configuration for upmixing stereo to 5.1ch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Personally I think the only thing worse than surround sound would be fake surround sound, but MeGUI has options in it's audio encoder configuration for upmixing stereo to 5.1ch.
    i install MeGUI, and try but every time it say error. Can you help me about MeGUI , some basic....
    Quote Quote  
  4. At the bottom of the MeGUI link page are a number of guides for its use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can't make real surround sound from a stereo track, the bets you can really do is ambience in the back channels.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why waste the time? You already stated the PC is doing it for you during playback. You will just be making the files bigger for no reason.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    Why waste the time? You already stated the PC is doing it for you during playback. You will just be making the files bigger for no reason.
    Yeah...
    Quote Quote