VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Had this DVD recorder for a few months now and beginning to get the hang of it. Will someone please answer this:- When I am trying to copy from a hardrive recording to a DVD I get offered several options. They are XP,SP,LP,EP or FR. Which should I choose to get maximum recording time? and what effect would the other choices have on the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should check your manual, but I'm guessing that XP will give you the best quality copy and the shortest play time on to the blank DVD, and SP, LP, EP progressively worse quality copies but increasing length of video on to the DVD. FR could be a "give it enough bitrate to fill a DVD with this recording" type setting, so a 90 minute program would get approx. double the bitrate of a 180 minute program to fill a blank DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for reply but comment about reading manual not appreciated. It is written for people who know the answers already. To my surprise the machine can record two programs at once. I cannot find a single mention of this in the handbook and only became aware of it when I accidently overlapped and saw two red information panels alight.

Will set to EP for recording since quality is not terribly important for my requirements.
    Quote Quote