VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    so i accidently selected a folder on my desktop wich had some scrapbooks music videos in it now i lost them i removed permanetly from recyle bin so is there ANY way to restore them please i tried some software and none of them we're able to restore files btw removed files like today option tnx in advance,
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try Recuva.

ANd I'm moving you to our computer section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    tnx will try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You should not boot your computer until after you have recovered your files. Windows writes to the drive every time you boot and use it. So running the computer runs the risk of overwriting your deleted files, permanently destroying them. That means you should remove the drive from your computer and run the recovery software (and your drive) on another computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This does not work recuva software does not restore my files any ideas?
    Last edited by KaddirB; 1st Jun 2014 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KaddirB View Post
    This does not work recuva software does not restore my files any ideas?
    It is possible that they are gone forever and CANNOT EVER be restored. You can't always save what you delete after deliberately emptying the Recycle Bin.

Other ideas if you don't want to give up yet:
    1) Try other recovery programs. Maybe a different one will work.
    2) Pay a data recovery service, but given that this will at best cost many hundreds of dollars if not $1000 (US dollars here), it may not be worth it to you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ow well tnx anyways next time i should probably backup orsomething it was important stuff so Ugh but do you know a software free for backup also does can it back-up all files at once or not,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using "File Scavenger" for many years with very good results. As jagabo said, I remove the HDD and scanned it on another PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EaseUs Data Recovery. Also, any recovery software restores the files the to a different HDD.

The problem with your situation is that the HDD where the files were stored, is still being used. Using Windows and a browser is constantly writing temp files to the HDD. Writing data to the drive is very likely overwriting the files that you want to recover, thus they are gone forever.

You likely know everything that you want backed up, simply burn onto CD/DVD or copy onto another HDD.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah.. i only managed to safe a few scrapbooks and one video file but its a shame i wish there was a option on recycle bin like don't remove permanetly even if clicked yes for permanant delete recycle bin has on properties ask for confirmation when deleting option but my case is i did not see it i was lazy it happend at night i accidantly clicked yes so basicly gone yes for good shame i geus its like Gone is Gone there are softwares out there that restore stuff but! it does not restore what You want i would love a software like option for date removed yesterday also restore folders programs more.. not just pictures videos documents wich most have i did see one with all files search but it does not search my folder wich i needed.

btw: sorry if you cannot read well english is not my main language,
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not all is correct.

Even if a file deleted is written over a few times there are recovery programs capable of pulling the deleted file back and intact.

Rule 1: Never delete a file from SD drives ... they wont be back.

The problem is there are so many applications making claims it easy to just give up unless you run into a more experienced person.

1: Testdisk ... free, just follow the guide ... the stuff it finds even when people think its long gone.

2: Active@ UNERASER ... freeware edition, can pull a lot back from the dead ... I use the pro edition.

Both of these can pull files back from sensitive area's where system files may have been relocated overtime without causing system issues ... the file laying on the same area is unaffected.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I see thank you i will try these if needed again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!