VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have downloaded files from a streaming site using internet download manager.They're only available as ts files.Each file is seperated into 2 files(video & audio).all the videos are ts and the majority of the audio is ts but some are aac.How do I merge bothe files into 1 file(mp4/avi/mkv)/
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have to multiplex (mux, =combine) the single streams into a new container (ts, mp4, mkv, avi.. .).
    This can be done by g.e. clever Ffmpeg-GUI, mkvtoolnix, avidemux and other apps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    If this streaming site is supported by the Video DownloadHelper add-on for your browser, you can possibly download it in one complete file when you use its Companion App (which is basically ffmpeg, used to multiplex the separately received streams).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi.Tks for info.Have managed to use the mkv tool but wouldnt play on my smart tv.
    I converted them to avi using Wondershare and they now play.
    Another hurdle though.Video and audio out of sync.
    Any suggestions?
    Alan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Post a mediainfo report (text format) from your ts files here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Have installed Media Info.
    How do I send a report?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alwarm View Post
    Have installed Media Info.
    How do I send a report?
    Open the media file with the program, select view/text.

Copy and paste the output into this threaed
    Quote Quote  
  8. General
    Complete name : E:\Desktop\wwe\WWE Network - Armageddon 1999_audio.ts
    Format : ADTS
    Format/Info : Audio Data Transport Stream
    File size : 159 MiB
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Comment : google_3372851818781056814
    FileExtension_Invalid : aac aacp adts

Audio
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Format version : Version 4
    Codec ID : 2
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 159 MiB (100%)

General
    ID : 0 (0x0)
    Complete name : E:\Desktop\wwe\WWE Network - Armageddon 1999.ts
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 1.85 GiB
    Duration : 2 h 49 min
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 1 563 kb/s

Video
    ID : 80 (0x50)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Duration : 2 h 49 min
    Bit rate : 1 512 kb/s
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Stream size : 1.76 GiB (95%)
    Writing library : x264 core 148 r2643 5c65704
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=22 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=1 / keyint=60 / keyint_min=31 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=30 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1512 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=1512 / vbv_bufsize=3024 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Quote Quote  
  9. There is no need to recode this files.
    Use mkvtoolnix, start it, drag and drop both ts files into the upper window, select remux from the menu list and execute it.
    You have a new mkv file now with both video and audiostream incorporated.
    In case your TV cant play mkv you can remux this ts files into a mp4 container with clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Last edited by ProWo; 14th Sep 2021 at 06:53.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi.
    Have managed to remux the 2 files into an avi which will play on my tv.
    But its out of sync.The video and audio files are different lengths.
    Can they be cropped and remuxed again?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by alwarm View Post
    Hi.
    Have managed to remux the 2 files into an avi which will play on my tv.
    But its out of sync.The video and audio files are different lengths.
    Can they be cropped and remuxed again?
    Play the avi with vlc player. In the tools menue, track synchronization, Audio track synchronization.
    Try different values here (start with +1 sec) with 1 sec steps for beginning, until A/V is in synch.
    If the value isnt to big, you can remux the video with the audiodelay you found.
    Quote Quote  
  12. If this streaming site is supported by the Video DownloadHelper add-on for your browser, you can possibly download it in one complete file when you use its Companion App (which is basically ffmpeg, used to multiplex the separately received streams).
    Then it's better to learn how to use ffmpeg directly -- I still use VDH sometimes to detect a video stream, but never bothered with the so-called "companion app" -- first of all, I hate the word "app" with a passion, then indeed it's only a fancy stupid name for ffmpeg doing the stuff under-the-hood, and it doesn't give you any control over what is actually being done, and last but not least these add-ons can break at any moment with no warning (such as what happened a few years back with the Firefox Quantum debacle, when suddenly, following a single fateful update, hundreds of add-ons stopped working, most of which died there and then as their developpers deemed that it was too much hassle to rewrite from scratch their little creation painstakingly made during their ever shrinking spare time). So, even as a beginner, it's best to stick as much as possible with time-proven tools and methods which allow you to know what you're actually doing and, if needed, to request help based on precise and verbose information.

Have managed to use the mkv tool but wouldnt play on my smart tv.
    Based on the MediaInfo report, this may be the cause :
    Code:
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Standalone players don't like videos flagged as having a "variable framerate". Since most videos flagged as such have in fact a constant framerate, it could be fixed with no re-encoding. I had this issue once (an otherwise regular MKV file made from a standard DVD couldn't be played on my brother's BRD player), and I managed to solve it by applying the proper (constant) framerate using TSMuxer, then re-muxing the video with MKVToolNix (MKVToolNix alone could not fix this -- it may have changed in the mean time, it was around 2015).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Can't get anywhere with VLC.
    Have remuxed all the ts video/audio files into 1 mkv file.
    They,re all out of sync(between 3 & 4 seconds)
    Anything else I can try?
    Quote Quote