VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Which one?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay... For some reason it isn't letting me paste text so I'll have to link you to this. Please read and advise me. I am really stuck.

http://www.machinination.com/forum/index.php?/topic/607-which-one/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The OrangeLemon View Post
    Okay... For some reason it isn't letting me paste text so I'll have to link you to this. Please read and advise me. I am really stuck.
    (Here you go, save some wear and tear on the left finger)

Okay. So I'm looking for some hardware and software to make machinimas with. I am quite new to the business of recording and editing so I hope your judgement reflects on that.

First I looked at this. The Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard HD Ultimate Collection 14. It plugs into the TV and then into the pc and I use Pinnacle Studio 14 to edit it which has a great deal of edit systems in it such as 3D rain, smoke, explosions etc. It also can do animations and 3D effects which might come in handy. I can also create sophisticated animated titles etc.
    Cost: £90

I then looked at the Hauppage HD PVR which is a quite pricy hardware item that plugs into the TV and then into the pc, but it comes out in brilliant quality. I would have to use my software that I have already, which is Serif MoviePlus X3 and doesn't have many features, but gets the job done.
    Price: £158

And finally, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 10 and a ClimaxDigital EzCAP USB 2.0 VHS Video Audio Capture Card This offers DVD Architect Studio 5, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 which means I can edit audio etc, 1001 royalty free sound effects, 400 music tracks, NewBlueFX audio & video effects.
    Cost: £79.95 + £18.99

Please help, I have no idea what to get!
    Quote Quote