VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

We have a pelicase with a 22inch display in the lid and a DVD recorder in the main body. It's pretty old school. The end goal is to copy the video to an USB stick or cloud server. Which means we have to copy to dvd, rip to a separate computer, copy to USB stick (or upload)

We want to build a new system where we can copy to USB stick, or upload to cloud server, on the spot.

I'm thinking something in the lines of :
    1 : ASUS VivoMini UN45H + Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0
    or
    2: the smallest desktop with pci express around + Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What video are you copying? DVDs or just a video stream or from a camera?
    It sounds like you could do all this with a laptop.

The Blackmagic takes up lot of space in a PC unless there is a half-height version.
    I would consider an external device.

More info is likely needed. And others here may have better suggestions.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.

It's from a subsea camera, composite sd. Resolution is 700, from the top of my head.
    Have considered a laptop and EasyCap DC60, but wonder if there will be lagging on the video. Looked at OBS Project, which records video and has the option for text overlay.

I guess I could even make do with miniDVR III, if I want to go really basic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by uvwid View Post
    Hi.

We have a pelicase with a 22inch display in the lid and a DVD recorder in the main body. It's pretty old school. The end goal is to copy the video to an USB stick or cloud server. Which means we have to copy to dvd, rip to a separate computer, copy to USB stick (or upload)

We want to build a new system where we can copy to USB stick, or upload to cloud server, on the spot.

I'm thinking something in the lines of :
    1 : ASUS VivoMini UN45H + Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0
    or
    2: the smallest desktop with pci express around + Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

Any suggestions?
    If you want to copy to a memory stick there only a few choices out there. The two I've tried all had issues, the one was always missing frames due to the filesystem of the stick. The other one the recording would just vanish.

This is the newest one out (Which I have not gotten a chance to test yet):

http://www.avermedia.com/event/GC513/

-----------

If you go PCie go with Magewell, I've heard and see to many issues with the intensity series. You could try the decklink series from blackmagic, However that series is geared more toward SDI.
    Quote Quote