VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i was needing to adjust my bitrate since a standard svcd wouldnt fit on 2 cd-rs. so i made an xsvcd, since this is the only way to mess with bitrate of an svcd. the output was a terribley small img file that wouldnt even play in vlc, it just had scrambled green shaded video. any idea what the hell is goin on? what did i do wrong? i didnt change any other settings besides the bitrate. if im correct, svcd always has a bitrate of 2500 and its unchangable, so i went to xsvcd so i could adjust it to 2070. it should produce a file probly around 650-700 MB or so but instead it makes a .img around 200 MB! anyone have any idea what to do? im so confused...

also, as a different note- my input .mov says it has a fps of 23.77 in QT, but ffmpegx doesnt seem to let me change the fps to sumthin other than a default without getting errors in terminal. should i just set it to NTSC FILM (23.976), will it affect it much? any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. When encoding to mpeg-2 only the three standard framerates are allowed.
    About the other problem, could you copy and paste the first screenful of the mpeg2enc terminal output?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to Darwin!
    [Robert-Tollefsons-Computer:~] robertto% pbpaste | sh
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (imdc/MPG4/MSFT)
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (imdc/MP42/MSFT)
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (imdc/MP42/MSFT)
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (imdc/MP4S/MSFT)
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (sdec/MS42/FhG )
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (imdc/MP43/MSFT)
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Selecting SVCD output profile
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Assuming norm NTSC
    ++ WARN: [mpeg2enc] Generating dummy SVCD scan-data offsets to be filled in by "vcdimager"
    ++ WARN: [mpeg2enc] If you're not using vcdimager you may wish to turn this off using -d
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Encoding MPEG-2 video to /Users/robertto/Desktop/vanwilder-svcd-1.m2v
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Horizontal size: 480 pel
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Vertical size: 480 pel
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Aspect ratio code: 2 = 4:3 display
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame rate code: 1 = 24000.0/1001.0 (NTSC 3:2 pulldown converted FILM)
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Bitrate: 2069 KBit/s
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Quality factor: 2 (Quantisation = 3) (1=best, 31=worst)
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Field order for input: none/progressive
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] New Sequence every 800 Mbytes
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Assuming non-video stream of 230 Kbps
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Search radius: 16
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] GOP SIZE RANGE 9 TO 15
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Setting colour/gamma parameters to "NTSC"
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Progressive format frames = 1
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Buffering 39 frames
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for QUANTIZER!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for MOTION!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for TRANSFORM!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING AltiVec for PREDICTION!
    *** malloc[435]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x27ea8b; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
    *** malloc[435]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x27bf9b; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
    *** malloc[435]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x16862cb; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
    *** malloc[435]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x16862cb; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] GOP LENGTH = 15
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame start 0 I 0 0
    ((-"encoding info, encoding info, blah blah blah...."-))

there u go major, hopes this helps u offer any suggestions...
    thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. What is your input file and it has been encoded with which codec? Can you play the input file with Quicktime player without any problems?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yea my imported mov plays fine in QT, but it may be corrupted or something, i will try reencoding again and let u kow how it works. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yep i fixed it, i finally made a real, successful svcd. thanks major, great job on ffmpegx, i cant wait for the new version for vob->svcd! any idea on a release date yet, or is it too early?
    Quote Quote