VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here is the 14 seconds clip of Babylon 5 ep 1.

I for the life of me can't get it done.

Some people have done it but i can't find any instruction.

This guy did something but haven't a clue what. https://www.modeemi.fi/~leopold/Baby...ransfer.html#8

When the scene goes upwards there is jumping back and forth.

frame by frame u-up; ju- jump up; d-down

uuuujudud uuuujudud uuuujudud pattern. Sometimes a bit different.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's top-field-first and If you QTGMC() you get a mix of clear and blended frames but no backward movement. That implies a frame rate conversion. Either from an NTSC source or just as part of the production. I recommend you post a shot with a medium speed horizontal panning shot from a live action (not CGI, and not the intro sequence) portion of the show for easier analysis.

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("14.d2v") 
    QTGMC()
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Sep 2021 at 08:10. Reason: added mkv
    Quote Quote  
  3. Seulrs Hybrid , 10000kbps h264, slow/medium QTGMC with bob
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's top-field-first and If you QTGMC() you get a mix of clear and blended frames but no backward movement. That implies a frame rate conversion. Either from an NTSC source or just as part of the production. I recommend you post a shot with a medium speed horizontal panning shot from a live action (not CGI, and not the intro sequence) portion of the show for easier analysis.

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("14.d2v") 
    QTGMC()
    Done QTGMC and others but to no avail. Live action isn't an issue, it's the cgi part. Frame by frame of your file is no differences to mine, blurry, you can see the bad mismatch frames.

It should look like this file. Someone did it but use NTSC and mine is PAL.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. NTSC version is better. Use SelectEven() on that NTSC version and frames are basically correct. The framing of the shot is also different than your version

Your version is blended, and more conversions have been applied as jagabo pointed out. There is too much blending per frame to "undo" using normal methods. You can try some deblurring / deconvolution kernals, but most are for single image
    Quote Quote  
  6. The following seems to do good things by getting rid of all the blends and drops. However, since it converts to 30 fps progressive, you may have to do things to rematch the audio. Remove the Separatefields() at the end to see the final, progressive video. The Separatefields() command simply lets you see if there are any blended fields left. I have uploaded short clips from both the separatedfields version as well as the version with that removed.

Here's the separatedfield version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1j6a0rx5wf093ss/Srestore.avi/file

And here is the progressive full-frame 30 fps version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h23mr03ho47j1p9/Srestore+(full+frame).avi/file

Code:
    loadPlugin("c:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
    loadplugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MVTools\mvtools2.dll")
    loadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Srestore\mt_masktools-25.dll")
    Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Srestore\srestore.avs")

source=AVISource("E:\fs.avi").KillAudio().converttoYV12(interlaced=true).AssumeTFF()
    bob(source,-0.2,0.6)
    output=srestore(frate=30, omode=6)
    return output.separatefields()
    Quote Quote