Hello! I have had a lot of luck up to this point using this guide and following it almost exactly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_TDa9zY1c
Even going so far as to purchase the Dazzle DVC100, and finding drivers to use with it in windows 10, getting the same compression codec for UTvideo that he uses.
I converted about 20-30 VHS tapes to .avi before an issue started becoming really common, where when the recorded tape would end and it would go to "fuzzy noise" my computer might blue screen either right when I ended the recording or before I had an opportunity to. It was really frustrating as it would sometimes corrupt the AVI files and show their length as 00:00:00 despite having all the footage, if I got lucky enough to capture it.

So I decided to do a clean install of Windows since I'd been meaning to, but now the problem has somehow got worse. Playback speed is inconsistent but usually slowed down, and there's a lot of audio popping present in my captures. I've tried this on both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of VB2. I've verified that this is NOT from my VCR or tapes that I'm using, it only happens during the capture process.

PC specs:
Windows 10 64-Bit
Intel Premium CPU G4560 @ 3.50GHz
8GB RAM
930 GB HDD

Thank you!