VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a disc that is a Blu-ray double feature. I only want to copy one specific movie. The other one I'm not interested in. I tried ripping the movie with MKV which is easy and works great, but the problem is that when I used tsMuxer to transcode it, after that I used ImgBurn to burn it and the movie is all pixelated.

For some reason some movies turn out great while others turn out pixelated.

Is there a way I can can rip or clone just the specific movie on this disc that I want?

I don't want to monkey experimenting with adjusting settings in tsMuxer because I only have about 5 or 6 blank blu-ray discs left so I can't afford to do lots of experimenting if you know what I mean.

I'm looking for a more sure fire way to just copy the specific movie I want to a blank blu-ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You mean MakeMKV?

Backup mode -> BD-Rebuilder.

Yes, there are plenty of ways to accomplish what you're asking. The problem is what you're doing ought to work and we can't have any way of knowing what's causing your problem or what else would trip whatever bug you've encountered.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't know. That's the problem with all this. There are way too many settings to adjust. I've never used BD Rebuilder though. I don't really need to make the movie smaller as I use 50GB discs anyway.

Using tsMuxer worked perfectly with it's default settings on The Thin Red Line.

But it failed at the same default settings with Basic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. BD Rebuilder keeps throwing the OCX file missing thing. There is no such file even in the SYSWOW64 folder. Too much monkey business.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can get a makemkv backup though?

Try using EAC3To on the playlist, then load all the elementary streams into tsMuxer.

The movies aren't TrueHD are they? That would screw up a MakeMKV/tsMuxer combo...
    Quote Quote  
  6. How to use this tool? On the playlist? What? I can easily make an MKV that's is easy. I can install Handbrake or tsMuxer easy enough. But how to use these other external tools or filters is an exercise in insanity. Unless I could find a straightforward way to do it. I'm not interested in anything fancy, just a duplicate of whatever the original movie is.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TSMuxer supports mpls files directly...

I don't know, there are a billion ways of doing this, I just figured if there's something wrong extracting the streams would possibly fix some possible issues and EAC3To itself has abilities to correct some issues where other programs would just do a blind extraction.

Handbrake re-encodes video and has no ability to pass it through so that's no good.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Okay so now I see a check box in tsMuxer that deals with first MPLS. So? Do I load my MKV file and tell tsMuxer to make an MPLS file out of it?
    Quote Quote