VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you going to do more holiday shopping online this year?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So are you going to plunge in to the net and buy most of your holiday gifts online??? Or are you going to stick to brick-and-mortar?

I figure I'll still buy most of my gifts at a store - saves on shipping. I don't think I could buy enough to get savings on multiple packages.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Same as last year $0.00

Brick and mortar.... countless $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Quote Quote  
  3. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm doing all mine on ebay
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MackemX
    I'm doing all mine on ebay
    How's that working for ya????
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wherever I can get what I need for a good price.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My family stopped exchanging gifts a long time ago. It's a big pain in the ass to do the whole gift giving thing and quite franky, we are all adults and if we want something, we just buy it. Christmas presents for adults is silly. Christmas presents are for kids (and as far as I can tell most kids these days deserve gifs you can probably purchase from thecoalman; I'm sure he get's approached for this each year). I do plan on getting some Fancy Feast cat food for one of my cats, and a cardboard box for the other cat.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't even buy chritmas presents for kids, I do all my shopping at the bank. I might buy something for my Mom and Dad but that's about it.

As for the coal yes I get a few online requests and have considered selling items like that. I'm not set up for online payments yet. Plus I don't know if it's worth it, I'm pretty busy at this time of the year making the real money and I don't have time to messing around with souveneir gifts.

I did send a 60Lb piece to a sculptor once, never got back to me so I guess it didn't work out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thecoalman
    As for the coal yes I get a few online requests and have considered selling items like that. I'm not set up for online payments yet. Plus I don't know if it's worth it, I'm pretty busy at this time of the year making the real money and I don't have time to messing around with souveneir gifts.
    Might be worth checking on eBay to see if it's already being done.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I can't buy online (need credit card and bank won't give one to unemployed/student people). So it will be in local store
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right now there is no such thing as a truly secure server and it's possible there never will be. This isn't technophobia talking but techno-savvy. The FBI has issued countless warnings about hacked credit card accounts by foreign hackers. I have only ever bought one item online, and I used a gift card from WalMart on their website to order an item that was out of stock at my local store.

That is what I recommend for people doing online shopping. Use cash to buy a gift card and then use the gift card online. Using a credit card online is unneccessary, and you have to give the stores that have the gift card payment option some major props. The idea was brilliant!
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My holiday spending is almost evenly split between online and brick and mortar. The only difference this year from last is that our christmas eve dinner has been bought online instead of going to the grocery store.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All online this your. Just no time shop.
    Quote Quote