VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using TMpge to to make Mpeg files. I have been trying to make the movie into two parts. Other than guessing, How do I figure out how much movie is equal to 800MB. The 80 minute to 800 MB rule did not work. That gave me a 1.1GB file. I then cut back to 50 minutes of movie and the file was 805MB. Still too big. I do not understand the bitrate calculators, or how they apply. I have read the FAQ and Guides, but that didn't really explain it to me.

Thanks

Bogbag

Quote Quote  
  2. Start the bitrate calculator that you can get in the tool section. Enter the length of time for the movie and CD size/Number. It will give you the bitrates to enter in TMPGEnc. You then split the movie into two equal parts (or whatever number of CDs you want) and encode each section at the given bitrate. I like to choose my split first and then enter the time for each section sepperately.

Its really not that difficult.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    another thing to consider is whether you are encoding your mpeg in VBR or CBR mode. CBR mode is a fixed bitrate and using it makes it easier to determine the final size of an mpeg than using a VBR mode, although i've heard using 2-pass VBR, with its Average Bitrate setting, can also be pretty accurate.
    Quote Quote