VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a video (.avi-file) with a resolution of 544x576, but the resolution has to be 640x352.
    Can someone tell me how I can change the resolution of the video from 544x576 into 640x352.

I tried to use VirtualDub, but the program didn't work because I couldn't browse the .avi-file in VirtualDub: wrong codec or something, the .avi-file wasn't a correct mpeg-4 (sorry, I'm a newbee).

I hope that you can help me. I don't want to cut off parts of the video, I want to stretch the video so the resolution is normal again.

I hope that you can help me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try a ffmpeg frontend like xmedia recode, load avi, choose avi with xvid video codec, under video change resolution, convert.

If it wont work try winff, format factory, any video converter free, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try just changing the aspect ratio flag with Mpeg4Modifier.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you for your answers. I tried Mpeg4Modifier earlier, but I have the same problem with this program: I couldn't browse the .avi-file and any video converter isn't an option either, because when I change the resolution the program cut off parts of the video instead of stretching the video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What do you mean you couldn't "browse" the AVI file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What do you mean you couldn't "browse" the AVI file?
    I couldn't open the file in the program, but I used xmedia recode today and it works!

Thank you all for your help.
    Quote Quote