VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I just recently started using Windows 10. Just like with Windows 7, i installed VLC and K-LITE codecs pack, both x86. I used to pick dxva copy-back for acceleration and madvr as video renderer, lav filter for video and audio - the usual stuff that always worked in Windows 7. I never had problems opening any file in VLC or MPC.

I have lots of DVD stuff in my hard drive, the usual stuff, packed in VIDEO_TS folders. I was horshacked when i tried to drag them on top of VLC or MPC and found that half of them would not open - what?

Surely someone knows what's going on????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, guess what, i found out that much of my DVD content has been reduced in size. All of the files were located on a hard drive, separate from the operative system SSD. I did nothing with that HDD, once installed Windows per new and got all drivers working, i found this BIZZARE deficit in size.. Some of my ordinary avi and mkv files also have been reduced. WEIRD. HDD SMART shows everything in order..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thats odd, I would check you setup. I drag n drop video_ts folders all the time into mpc-hc with out issues. No codec packs etc are installed. Done on windows 10 32 and 64 bit
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Something weird about your setup. Been using VLC + LAVfilters on Win10 (x64) with both (decrypted) DVDs, mounted ISOs, and VIDEO_TS files&folders for 2 years now with no problems.
    And if it's just a rip, there should and would be NO change in filesize, regardless of original optical disc source vs SSD, or HDD.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try right clicking on a file and looking at it's properties. If "size on disc" is smaller than "size", it's probably because NTFS file compression has been enabled.
    http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/06/windows-10/use-file-folder-compression-windows-10.html

It shouldn't effect the ability to drag and drop, as far as I know.
    Quote Quote