VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Film9 appears to be truncating audio data, despite "PCM" being selected. How can I prevent it from doing this?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Original.png
Views:	95
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	52435  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Film9.png
Views:	132
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	52436  

Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.png
Views:	322
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	52437  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    To allow us to analyze the problem, can you put a few seconds of your clip in download
    Last edited by GillesH; 24th Mar 2020 at 04:13.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
    I'm having an issue with the Colours Bars > Auto White function. Occassionally it'll produce short bursts of static like this:

[Attachment 52411 - Click to enlarge]

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?
    I had this too especially on scene changes when contrast jumped. I suspect it has something to to with the Autowhite function not "looking ahead" and applying a gain setting that was right for the scene left behind to the scene it was working on right at the moment. Usually after 2-4 frames the Gain was lowered again to a correct level but the flickering introduced was very notable in the output so in the End I cut it out manually sacrificing some frames where possible...

The developer of film9 might know If this is complete nonsense I am talking here - which might very well be the case
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi McConnor,
    It is entirely possible that one of the filters used for AutoWhite sometimes causes flickering.
    But, to avoid a noticeable slowdown in the calculations, we cannot add the Deflicker filter in several settings.
    We have therefore chosen to apply this Deflicker plugin in the Stabilization function.
    This function is therefore to be applied if you encounter this kind of problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Gilles,

I was wondering if FILM9 can remove the dirt/dust from the sides of a 16mm film image that has been transferred to DVD video via telecine. In other words, the telecine projector probably needed to be cleaned or the dust removed, but wasn't. So, the new video image from the film has the dust/dirt showing on the sides of the new frame. If possible, I'd like to correct this. Any suggestions? And no, I don't have the 16mm film,myself.

Thanks,
    Marshall
    Quote Quote  
  6. This probably is mostly a static problem and appears in all images at the same location. It to my knowledge that is not something that film9 can correct. Earlier in this thread (post #201) we discussed a brightened area in my video at the side probably from light bleeding into the camera. I managed to get that fixed with an image mask and based upon that selective darkening of all frames in the video. Perhaps cropping away the effected borders would be easiest for you...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Marshall,
    Additional information.
    As already mentioned in my answer of March 13, 2020 in this discussion (post #337), the films captured in telecine have duplicated images.
    And this defect does not make it possible to clean all the dirt. Filters compare each image with the adjacent image.
    And if they are identical, you cannot detect dirt.

To clean the side of the image, use the "Final Frame" function in Pre-settings. This allows you to cut the edges of the image.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks MC and Gilles for your replies and suggestion. I appreciate it.

Marshall
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi GilleS,
    when i run Film9 for interlaced vhs rip, when i activate clip, the "interpolation" button disappears.. everytime i load a clip..
    any ideas ?
    upgraded Visual C++ to 2015-2019, if i remove it i can't use other programs..
    reinstalled Film9 several times..

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi Berzerk_7,4 the question re Microsoft C++2015-2019 I asked in the past, and the reply was in Post 327. Basically Film9 requires C++2017 and does not recognise the latest update from Microsoft. I have had to uninstall this several times as it gets re-installed by Windows Update. Bit of a pain but there you are. My other programs seem to work OK using 2017 version as far as I can tell.

As for interpolation, I think this is designed for those transferring Film to Video where the film is at non standard FPS such as 16 or 18. Interpolation inserts intermediate frames to make up to 25 of 50 FPS. Can't see why you would need this for Video/VHS. I guess the button is hidden when switched to Video unless the designer knows otherwise.
    Last edited by boffee; 4th Jun 2020 at 03:27. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you Boffee for that absolutely correct answer.

Since the Windows update KB453572 probably, the coexistence of FrameWork 2017 and the Framework 2015-2019 is no longer possible.
    No updates to Film9 are planned and a solution to work around the problem has been given by Boffee.
    And for the processing of a video, the interpolation function is deactivated.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thank you for the quick response, just removed VC++2015-2019, installed both 32/64 version of 2017 but nothing changes..
    i am kepping care of my old vhs, PAL 25fps interlaced, i know the argument is soooo old, i tried various scripts on avisynth, virtualdub, but this solution is very fast and clear.
    The button disappears but the function is onif activated by presets.
    Sorry for bad english, greetings from Italy
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi,
    Thanks for this great software Really doing life easy as I was about to encode around 20 tapes I had and none of them really need much special care and for newbie like me it's a great solution to trim,crop and encode it quick and add also the soft preset on the way..
    However there are 4 captures which I made not with Virtualdub but with amarectv and for somereason for this captures there is a bug.. Hoepfully can help..
    The output is coming as 50fps when the capture it self is 25fps (It's a Pal 480x576 25fps capture)
    All the captures that I made with virtualdub their output in film9 in the end is fine 25fps but for this 4 captures something weird as they keep coming in 50fps and in 50fps it looks awful..You can really notice it in the movments..
    Any idea what's wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I already answered you on another thread, thank you not to multiply the messages.

For information...
    I don't know the reason why the characteristics of the clips encoded with amarectv are not well interpreted by Film9.
    I can only advise you to re-encode your 4 videos with another program. Choose an .avi format without compression, in order to limit losses.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Gelinox View Post
    I already answered you on another thread, thank you not to multiply the messages.

For information...
    I don't know the reason why the characteristics of the clips encoded with amarectv are not well interpreted by Film9.
    I can only advise you to re-encode your 4 videos with another program. Choose an .avi format without compression, in order to limit losses.
    Yeah sorry I wrote you also to the contact email..I will move there,
    Thanks for the advise.
    Quote Quote  
  16. It was not planned, but version 3.01 of Film9 is available:
    - It fixes the detection problem of new Visual C ++ 2015-2019 packs.
    - Support for "tif" AND "tiff files.
    - Improves handling of .mp4 files
    - And minor display bugs have been fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi Gelinox,
    thanks for new release!! but..

just installed Film9 on another pc with w7 x64, installed fresh .net and klcodec, nohting changed .. when i activate clip (clips with lagarith compression, magic YUV, canopus dv) the button "interpolate" disappears.. virtualdub crashes for error importing avi files..
    what type of filters/script can i use for handle my vhs you used in film9?
    thank you

The error comes out only when i select "video tape" from project..
    Last edited by Berzerk_74; 12th Jun 2020 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  18. you are right, if you use videos from VHS, you have the right number of images and you do not need the interpolation which is reserved for films.
    This is why the interpolation button is not available if you chose the "video tape" mode in the "project" window of Film9.

Are the problems resolved?
    Quote Quote  
  19. no, problems not resolved,
    but it's my fault, i wrote on wrong section

" FILM9 - Restoration software for old films (8mm, Super8, 16mm) and video"

in thinked i can interpolate 25i to 50p with easy and good image processing and compression.. but it doesn't matter, i'll try another way,
    sorry for the waste of time
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thank you very much for still taking care of this video restauration suite - There is no other like this to my knowledge and its great to know it still will be possible to revive our old footage with film9
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    FILM9 - UPDATE Version 3.10

Hello,
    We are offering a new version of FILM9.

This version 3.10 of FILM9 includes many modifications.
    Mainly, on the simplification of the installation and the reinforcement of its use.
    You will find the detail on the updated documentation.
    But we can quote:

- Automatic installation of files linked to Windows updates (like C++ Runtime).
    - Choose third-party Tools AFTER opening FILM9 (Preferences Menu).
    - Establishment of Directories specific to each Project for a better classification and to simplify the names of the Final Clips.
    - Ability to set Max memory for Avisynth. Some PC (CPU) having failures with too high memory rates.
    - Update of VirtualDub2 and many DLLs linked to Avisynth.
    Finally, the Code of this software has undergone many improvements and all this with a new Compiler.
    This reinforces its reliability.

Please note, this update required a modification of the database.
    Installing this version will therefore erase the presets you have saved as well as the projects.
    The list of clips will also be cleared.

All of this remains completely FREE software.
    But we very much appreciate the expressions of sympathy, and in particular the donations, to encourage the developers.
    A lot of time is spent on developments and the many tips that are given on forums and by messaging.

Thank you in advance.
    Gilles and Roland

FILM9
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have used the previous versions of Film9 on two of my PCs with Win10 with no problems. Today I went for the latest update but I can´t get it to install. I download the new file, run the .exe file, the program starts with asking if I would delete the old version which I did. Then when installing I get a message in French about "Cette installation nécessite Microsoft Visual C++ 2019..." to which if I press "Yes" gives me another message in French saying "Veuillez redémarrer ce programme de configuration apres avoir installé les prérequis". If I press OK it takes me to Microsoft support with latest supported Visual C++ downloads. This happens on both of my PCs which had the earlier versions of Film9 before, but now deleted.
    What should I do to install the new version of Film9? Thanks again for your excellent software!

Kurt
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello,
    Sorry for the language, I'll change that.
    Edit: The installation program has been modified to display English by default if the language used by the user is not detected.

Install this, if your Windows is on 32bits:
    vc_redist.x86.exe

Or this if your Windows is on 64bits.
    vc_redist.x64.exe

Roland
    Last edited by Gelinox; 21st Jul 2020 at 00:33.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Roland and thanks for your help.
    I did install the vc_redist.x64.exe for my 64 bit system but Film9 will not recognize the C++ installation and asks again for an installation which I now have done twice (I did uninstall first).

Kurt
    Quote Quote  
  25. Film9 does not test the installation of Microsoft Visual C ++, it's strange, can you give me a screenshot of the message that appears?
    You can also install the version "vc_redist.x86.exe".

Roland
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the first message.

[Attachment 54225 - Click to enlarge]

If "Yes" comes next message

[Attachment 54226 - Click to enlarge]

which takes me to the Microsoft page. If I try to install Film9 the same happens again. The C++ is installed OK.

Kurt
    Quote Quote  
  27. Here we are talking about the Film9 installer and not the Film9 software.
    At this stage Film9 is not yet installed.

When you click "Yes" after the first window, the "Microsoft Visual C ++ X86" package is not yet installed.
    You have to click on the link "vc_redist.x86.exe" on the Microsoft web page.

And once the package is installed, you need to restart the SetupFilm.exe
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I know, but even when the MS C++ is installed I get the same message next time I run the installer.

Kurt
    Quote Quote  
  29. Have you tried installing X86 AND X64 version ?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have now tried to install X86 AND X64 and now at last the software installs and it seems to work.

I have no idea if this installation with two different C++ versions affects any other programs in my computer...??

Kurt
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!