VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the auto tweaker setting thing in the bios to set the overclock because admittedly, I know nothing about the subject.
    The machine runs fine except when I wake it from sleep. It's strange, it clicks off like it's resetting, maybe 3 or 4 times. Then the bios comes on and says overclock failed, then it boots up and brings me back in to windows, but it hasn't actually rebooted, everything was the way I left it in Windows. Have you run into this before? While it's on, everything is stable, no issues.
    Quote Quote  
  2. First, to back to stock speed. Does the problem persist?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will check tomorrow, but my guess is that it will be fine. Will update..
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you have hibernation enabled the contents of memory is written to the hard drive when the computer goes to sleep. If the computer wakes normally everything is still in memory so it just picks up where it left off. But even if reboots (power cycle, for example) it will return to where it was because the contents of memory is restored from the hard drive. That is what's happening in your case.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked in the power settings and don't see hibernate enabled. however, this morning when I woke it up, it didn't have the issue (I didn't set back to stock speed)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Problems like that are common with overclocking. This time it wasn't catastrophic. Next time it might be. Is the risk really worth getting an extra 5 or 10 percent performance?
    Quote Quote