VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Thread
  1. Dears,
    any ideas how to get rid of a grain turned blue like this?

[Attachment 68560 - Click to enlarge]

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the age of 64 learning is not so easy for my. Please, excuse my bad English. A month ago I had time to deal with the topic restoration of 8mm film clips. The basis was a 8mm clip, digitized in 2013. After a week of researching on the Internet, I luckily found and studied your website. After two days I was able to restore a 12 minute film from 1971. Finishing was done in Premiere CC. The program Film9 did a brilliant job with the restoration. My sincere thanks to you for developing and providing it. My family had a lot of fun watching the film.
    Thank you very much Manfred.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ultradj83: if you are working with an image use an image editor. For a video, posting a still image doesn't say much of the characteristic of the noise.
    -> attach a short (few seconds) sample of your source.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @ultradj83: if you are working with an image use an image editor. For a video, posting a still image doesn't say much of the characteristic of the noise.
    -> attach a short (few seconds) sample of your source.
    Hi there.

Well,
    I'm using Film9 to restore a 8mm film, which is actually a stripe of jpg frames.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ah, sorry, overlooked that this thread is about Film9.
    No clue about that.
    Sorry.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ultradj83 View Post
    Dears,

Regards.
    Have you tried the filter CCD it's a vdub filter but can be used in avisynth (film9 use avisynth ?)

ConverttoRGB32(matrix="rec601",interlaced=false)
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtualdub\plugins32\ccd_sse2.vdf", "CCD", 0)
    CCD(10,1) # 10= strength of the filter from 0 to 100, default is 30 (kinda strong)
    converttoyv12(matrix="Rec601",interlaced=false)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ultradj83 View Post
    Dears,

Regards.
    Hard to say without seeing more of the frame. It might be that the blue channel is cranked up to high (relativly) - perhaps only in the dark tones. I had a similar problem throughout my canada restoration project (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulrI4yaz64) and solved it quite accceptable with a reduction of the blue channel in the shadows but not in midtones and highs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mcconnor View Post
    Originally Posted by ultradj83 View Post
    Dears,

Regards.
    Hard to say without seeing more of the frame. It might be that the blue channel is cranked up to high (relativly) - perhaps only in the dark tones. I had a similar problem throughout my canada restoration project (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulrI4yaz64) and solved it quite accceptable with a reduction of the blue channel in the shadows but not in midtones and highs.
    I see you did quite a good job.
    Thanks for suggestion.

Just to share, I see there's also chance to use AI for restoration and upscaling.
    I prepared a RTX powered workstation on AWS to check this, by the way I need to engineer a workflow for to merge Film9's filters and upscaling features with this.
    It's all new to me, so at the moment I am only proceeding by attempts...
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm from China. I recently tested how the latest version of FILM9 works in repairing old videos. Although FILM9 provides convenience, it integrates AVISynth's and VirtualDub for processing. . . . But I also have a better solution to restore some old videos, if anyone is interested, please leave a message! ! Thanks!
    The picture below is processed by me with another software
    [Attachment 71812 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 71813 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM
    Without pixel peeping I can see that AR has changed.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apart from that, it doesn't look too bad to me.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hjr008 View Post
    I'm from China. I recently tested how the latest version of FILM9 works in repairing old videos. Although FILM9 provides convenience, it integrates AVISynth's and VirtualDub for processing. . . . But I also have a better solution to restore some old videos, if anyone is interested, please leave a message! ! Thanks!
    The picture below is processed by me with another software
    Please describe your workflow.
    Quote Quote  
  13. We are always ready to consider other solutions on this forum.

maybe here ?? :
    http://raywzy.com/Old_Film/
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Seeing everyone's responses, I'd be happy to answer this workflow
    What I use is a professional software Digital Vision Phoenix,

Process: Digital Vision Phoenix+Topaz Video Enhance AI to complete.
    Digital Vision Phoenix is completely cracked. Although I think it is inappropriate, it is only used for learning and communication, not for commercial use.

If you need the Digital Vision Phoenix software installation version, you can leave a message and I can post the download link.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, for an undisclosed price...
    Quote Quote  
  17. It's even worse than I thought
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!