VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How come I never get email notices from replies to my posts a this forum even though I check the Instant email box? Something I have to change in my profile settings? Please advise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Instant email box ? Email notifications are not sent to your PM box but to the standard email inbox that you used to register your account.

If that email is unreachable you get no notifications.

But for any post you get ONE notification with an advice to check the forum for more. After that visit, or any subsequent visit, you should, subject to the above remarks, receive notification of the next reply to any subscribed (which should be auto) topics which you have either started or have replied to.

So. Did you get an email for this reply ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Your email provider has blocked my server. You could use gmail or some other email service and forward emails to your current email provider.

I'm tired of contacting all different email providers and ask them why they block my server. I don't send any spam but it's enough that a few users reports forum emails as spam and it will be blocked.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 20th Apr 2022 at 02:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's the problem

One gets these 'members' who can not nor will not comprehend the basic rationale behind these forums.

If they only took a few minutes to appreciate the options available..... (if they actually bothered to read the various option pages)

Yet anyone who genuinely posts yet can not appreciate the 'best-intention' replies - why would you start a topic and then report a reply as spam - does not deserve to be on here
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    There's the problem

One gets these 'members' who can not nor will not comprehend the basic rationale behind these forums.

If they only took a few minutes to appreciate the options available..... (if they actually bothered to read the various option pages)

Yet anyone who genuinely posts yet can not appreciate the 'best-intention' replies - why would you start a topic and then report a reply as spam - does not deserve to be on here
    One thing this forum can definitely do without are the rude and presumptuous.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Your email provider has blocked my server. You could use gmail or some other email service and forward emails to your current email provider.
    I'm tired of contacting all different email providers and ask them why they block my server. I don't send any spam but it's enough that a few users reports forum emails as spam and it will be blocked.
    For what ever reason I'm now getting emails from this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you change email address? Or else have they probably unblocked my server.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dped91 View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    There's the problem

One thing this forum can definitely do without are the rude and presumptuous.
    1. I was not refering to you.
    2. Still have an issue then report the post (except that admin will have already read it)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Did you change email address? Or else have they probably unblocked my server.
    No, same address as always. However, at the moment I can't be certain if I ever received a reply in my email from someone here. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405432-Please-Recommend-Processor%28s%29-to-Scale-...0p#post2654438 If I did I probably deleted it and this email service doesn't store deleted files for very long, like my Outlook account does. Indeed, I'm hoping Brad will reply to that thread. Meanwhile, I could start another thread and you could reply and then I we can see if I get an email about it. Your choice.
    Quote Quote