VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that DVD9 Verbatim disc are best. I got only 3 left

i found also 8 pieces TDK. I am burning with speed 4x.

Can i burn using that remaining TDK or avoid and sell?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Examine one of the TDK discs with ImgBurn to find the MID code. If it has an MBI or Ritek MID code, run like the wind. If it is CMC...eh, you've got a shot at it burning ok, but don't expect the disc to last a long time.

A long, long time ago TDK made DL discs with their own MID code, but they are impossible to find these days. FTI/Falcon still make them, using the TDK MID code, but they don't sell them under the TDK brand as far as I am aware. FTI was making two different kinds in fact. One was the inferior inverse stack method and the other was the 2P process used by Verbatim.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    after checking already burned TDK disc DVD9 with light blue colour id is : MID: MBIPG101-R10-65
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is MBI? CMC its Taiwan

need also to make copy of that BD
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/22880-do-not-buy-verbatim-bd-res-in-10-disc-spindles-cmc/

MBI is making disc also for SONY TDK n Verbatim didnt know that this is 2nd biggest manufacturer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Its impossible to look at a Verbatim +R DL disc and say which company they used to manufacture it. You can only go by MID codes or the country of manufacture on the label. What you are looking for are the MKM-001 or MKM-003 MID codes. DataLifePlus should have the MKM-003 MID code, though you might not be able to find the really good ones from Singapore any more.

MKM MID code discs have been made for Verbatim by MoserBaer in India, FTI in the UAE and CMC Magnetics in Taiwan. Verbatim had their factory in Singapore.

I haven't kept up with BD-RE discs which are the subject of your link. Verbatim used to be a good source for them. And I've got several of the original TDK BD-RE's which were made in Japan, and very good quality. Panasonic BD-RE should also be excellent, though I don't know where to buy them. Are you sure you need a re-recordable Blu-ray disc?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1st of all it was my bad. I am talkin bout TDK and that photo is Verbatim thats a mess from me

2nd i founded this http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm entire glossary now i know what to DONT BUY

3rd youre correct in everything

but i also saw this checking :

so i will check

I am keeping all disc dvd/cdr/blu rays in drawers in spindles - no light access and also temps lower
    Quote Quote