VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently purchased an LG BP50NB40 burner. I made my first Blu-ray disk using Photo Stage slide shoe producer and it seemed to work fine as long as I was viewing it on my computer and using the burner as a player. Then, because I wanted to see it on my TV, I tried the disk on my Samsung Blu-ray player which I use with my Panasonic TV. When I load the player the home menu comes on and it says "loading" then a small "stop" icon shows...then nothing. What is the matter....PLEASE Ray
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get the instruction manual out for your samsung bluray player to see what formats your player will play.
    and see if it plays +R or -R media.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get the instruction manual out for your samsung bluray player to see what formats your player will play.
    and see if it plays +R or -R media.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This software?: http://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/index.html

I didn't see anything about Blu-ray disc usage. But others here may have better information.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys, I checked the Samsung player and the instructions say that the type of disks I'm using are the right ones...Any more suggestion. Could there be a problem with the LG burner and the region? There is a silver sticker over the bar code on the back of the burner so I can't tell what region it's from.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What file formats will the Samsung player play ??
    And what format is the disc you just made ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stephen Ray Kutos View Post
    Guys, I checked the Samsung player and the instructions say that the type of disks I'm using are the right ones...Any more suggestion. Could there be a problem with the LG burner and the region? There is a silver sticker over the bar code on the back of the burner so I can't tell what region it's from.
    The burner's region isn't transferred to discs that you author/create yourself and the region code is going to be set to "none" for discs authored with consumer authoring software.

Although NCH's PhotoStage Slideshow software can apparently author the slideshow as a DVD video disc or export it as a media file, it does not author Blu-ray discs. I would not expect a Blu-ray player to be able to recognize and play DVD files and folders burned to a BD-R disc. If PhotoStage Slideshow created a media file instead and you burned that to a BD-R, Blu-ray players aren't able to play every type of media file, or every sort of audio, and video that exists. You need to check what's burned on the disc against the file types, video and audio supported by the Samsung Blu-ray player.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't want anyone to think I'm a pain in the ass, but the Photo Stage does supposedly burn blu-ray movies. When you finish your project, you go to an export window and and choose blu-ray movie blu-ray data disk as well as dvd ans some others I can't remember at this time. Could it be that Photo Stage is cribbing about the blue -ray burn? Thank you for the trouble you all have taken....Ray
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With all due respect, NCH's product page for PhotoStage Slideshow never says a word about Blu-ray discs or Blu-ray authoring. Nobody can tell that it offers any of that without trying the software.

Anyway, I downloaded and tried PhotoStage Slideshow for creating a slideshow as a Blu-ray video disk. I'm not sure what went wrong during authoring, but PowerDVD Ultra fails while loading the Blu-ray disc PhotoStage Slideshow created, although the mts file plays successfully by itself as a media file. Instead of burning to physical media, I created an ISO and mounted it with DVDFab Virtual Drive. This eliminated poor quality media or a bad burn as sources of the problem, so I'm fairly certain this software does not author Blu-ray discs correctly.

[Edit]Overall, I'm not a fan of the software. It loaded other NCH software onto my PC while creating the slideshow.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Nov 2016 at 01:55.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem was definitely improper authoring.

I used BDRebuilder to re-author the mts file created by PhotoStage Slideshow. (Mode was "Movie Only Backup". Settings->Output Options were "Target Size BD-25" and "Write to ISO with ImgBurn".) PowerDVD Ultra was able to play the ISO after mounting with DVDFab Virtual Drive.

BDRebuilder re-encoded the audio to AC3, but I doubt that the original LPCM audio was the problem because LPCM audio is allowed according to the Blu-ray spec. The audio was re-encoded only because BDRebuilder's audio encoding options have no setting to keep the original LPCM audio for Blu-ray.
    Quote Quote