VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using WinxDVD for awhile but not completely satisfied and looking for other alternatives. Here's what I need to do:
    Convert home recorded DVDs of B&W Movies recorded from Cable via Tivo and later burned to DVD (i.e. Video_TS VOB format)
    Once ripped add them to my Plex Media Server database
    Using Windows 10 machine i7-4700MQ CPU 2.4GHz, 8 GIG Ram
    Plex Media server running on Roku 3 player

I tried Handbrake but could not use because DVDs were encrypted (?) or Handbrake did not recognize the format.

I tried DVDs that I own (i.e. seasons of Psych TV Show) and quality of the mp4 files were not good using WinxDVD.
    Also, sometimes Winx will just stop during a conversion or after completed when I try to play the mp4 file, the file will not play.

I'm very new to this - any help would be most appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As they are low quality and already converted to DVD (ie: mpeg2), don't waste your time converting them again (ie: handbrake or any other converter) and further reducing the quality.

Use MakeMKV. It will simply place the video/audio into an mkv container. No conversion takes place, thus no loss of quality.

DVD's that you created and burned have no encryption. So any software can read/copy the contents. Try copying the disc contents to your HDD, and then running the conversion.
    Last edited by Krispy Kritter; 1st Sep 2017 at 14:27.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote