VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    is possible to burn a DVD (VIDEO_TS folder) on blu-ray and play it on blu-ray player (like PS4).
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nonsense as usual
    Deleted

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DonGiovanni View Post
    Hello,
    is possible to burn a DVD (VIDEO_TS folder) on blu-ray and play it on blu-ray player (like PS4).
    Thank you.
    You can use DVDtoBD Express to put the DVD video into Blu ray format and burn to a Blu-ray disc. Been a while since I last used it however, and I don't think it retains the original menu.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    Thank you.
    It is very doubtful that the player would recognize and play it as a DVD due to being on the wrong type of media. Some Blu-ray players with the ability to play media files might allow playing individual VOB files.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Nonsense as usual
    Deleted

Bernix
    I'm not expert like you, so for me it's not a nonsense.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to mistaken you. Nonsense was, what I wrote, then delete.
    And I'm not expert at all! If I were, I do not need to delete nonsense I wrote!!!
    So my post was nonsense, not your question! That is for clarification, and sorry for misunderstanding.
    Sincerely

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    Thank you.
    dvdfab can - https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-to-blu-ray-converter.htm
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you.
    dvdfab can - https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-to-blu-ray-converter.htm
    Using DVDFab DVD to Blu-ray Converter isn't the same as just copying the VIDEO_TS folder. I don't think that it preserves the original menus. It looks like it allows new menus to be created, and converts the DVD video, audio, and subtitles into Blu ray-compatible format.
    Quote Quote  
  9. It's a shame that it's not possible to maintain the menus.
    So, if I understand well, if I want to put more dvds in one blu-ray is possibile but I have to re-author the disc, right?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Sorry to mistaken you. Nonsense was, what I wrote, then delete.
    And I'm not expert at all! If I were, I do not need to delete nonsense I wrote!!!
    So my post was nonsense, not your question! That is for clarification, and sorry for misunderstanding.
    Sincerely

Bernix
    No problem.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a shame that it's not possible to maintain the menus.
    So, if I understand well, if I want to put more dvds in one blu-ray is possibile but I have to re-author the disc, right?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Edited: dumb response
    Last edited by yearofthespider2k3; 31st Jan 2018 at 15:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can often decompile a disc to base assets and remake it. I've done this.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    You can often decompile a disc to base assets and remake it. I've done this.
    I'd like to know more. I've seen people question the sense of re-authoring a dvd for blu-ray. Well, it's true that you're not going to upscale the video. But I have run into a problem...

There are some blu-ray players that will not play a 4:3 film on dvd. They WILL play a 4:3 if it has been authored for blu-ray.

I ran into this problem when I purchased a Sony BDP-BX59 Blu-Ray/DVD player. I went nuts fiddling with the settings until I finally realized that the damn thing was just not going to recognize 4:3 on a dvd disc. (It does play 4:3 on a blu-ray).

I ripped the dvd thinking I could just easily author a blu-ray with the content.

Man, was I ever in for a surprise. Authoring a blu-ray disc is like learning a whole other language. So, I just packed up the Sony and stuck it in a closet. I use a PS3 which performs as you would expect a name brand player to do.

But, it's always nagged me that I didn't know where to begin with Blu-Ray authoring. Authoring DVD is easy, and I'd still like to know how I could author dvd content onto Blu-Ray.

I've been searching for a guide and have had no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  15. "I'd still like to know how I could author dvd content onto Blu-Ray. "

Hmm...Somewhat confusing statement. You want to take a purchased movie DVD and put it on a Blu-Ray disk? You want to author a DVD then put that on a Blu-Ray disk? You want to copy a DVD that you authored and put that on a Blu-Ray disk? Which is it?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    "I'd still like to know how I could author dvd content onto Blu-Ray. "

Hmm...Somewhat confusing statement. You want to take a purchased movie DVD and put it on a Blu-Ray disk? You want to author a DVD then put that on a Blu-Ray disk? You want to copy a DVD that you authored and put that on a Blu-Ray disk? Which is it?
    I don't get the difference. Either way you are taking the contents of VIDEO_TS and adapting that to Blu-Ray.
    Quote Quote