VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When my friend got his hp 100i about 6 months to a year ago.... that was my first time rippin a dvd..... i went to his house to try to help him out and at the time i used smart ripper to rip his dvd..... well i forgot what version( he erased it already) but it let me pic his dvd recorder for the destination and it just recorded there..... well now i finally got one and i dl the newest version of smartripper.... when i tried to do the same thing it keeps saying no space avav..... no matter what kind of dvd-r/rw i put in there...... DID THEY DISABLE THAT OPTION..... AND IF SO Y WOULD THEY DO A STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT??????
    Quote Quote  
  2. like i said.... what happen to the perfect function that they use to have??????
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Calm down, calm down! Maybe it was saying, "Not enough space available"? It is really difficult to backup a 7.5GB DVD on a 4.7GB DVD-R. Backup is probably not the way to go. Use FILES and copy all the files to your HD, then strip out all the files that you don't want. Then burn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i no..... i burnt it from the hard drive and it fit perfectly..... but i already new that.... i just want it where it would do like earlier versions and back up on the dvd recorder
    Quote Quote  
  5. It could be it was a function that was abandoned due to not being reliable. It could be you are using a different version of SmartRipper, different OS, different burner, different computer, different DVD... any number of things. In any case it shouldn't be too hard to research what version of SmartRipper supported the task, assuming it has been removed. Calm down, study, do some tests, learn, report back to us the result.

HUN-YA!

Akai Rounin
    Quote Quote